#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:37 PM

https://www.amazon.c...g=UTF8&qid=&sr=

https://www.amazon.c...g=UTF8&qid=&sr=

The Last Elf King (formerly Ralph and the Pixie) under the pseudonym J. J. Stevenson (my late-great-great-great grandfather) is now up and running as both a print book and an . . . er . . . the site says "any device". Is there a name for that?

Anyway, I'd like to share a few details about the story:

Unlike so many modern novels which are so much bashing and thrashing around until the end is reached, my book isn't just about a bunch of stuff that happens. Characters in the book represent either real people or composites of real people, the plot lines are about modern times, conditions, events, and circumstances, the book overall is a cautionary tale, and what the book is really about is the depredations of the 1%.

Malina, the Pixie, is the naive "everyman", who must come to terms with the big bad world.

Ralph, the man, is an average guy who must lead Malina through our twisted modern world, and try to minimise its effects on her.

The Elf King is a composite of everything that is wrong with the 1%.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:51 PM

I have a complaint:  There are no page numbers.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:29 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 27 June 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

I have a complaint:  There are no page numbers.  :D

Yeah, their previewer does that. Dunno why. :dizzy:

In other news . . .

Kinokuniya Book Stores of Singapore Pte Ltd has ordered a bunch of copies of my book, The Last Elf King. The book is mainly selling in Japan, which is an incredible co-inky-dink, because Japan is where I hope my anime will someday be made. It costs about $1,000,000 US to make an anime, so I'd have to sell one helluva lot of books.

Fingers crossed . . . toes crossed . . . knees crossed . . . eyes crossed . . .
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: the last elf king, ralph and the pixie, fantasy, epic, adventure

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users