Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD: S6E09 - Collision Course (pt. 2)

Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,585 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:16 AM

No time for the team to play catch-up—there's a planet to save.

And the Sneak Peek:

Holy cow, True Believers, will our gang manage to save the world, or will their efforts doom it?!?  

Tune in to ABC tonight, at 8pm Eastern/7pm Central to see what happens.

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:03 PM

This oughtta be good.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,585 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 03:30 PM

Oh-kay, so things didn't end in total disaster ... that's a plus.

That Jemma is enjoying the torment Deke is putting Fitz through ... that's a mite disappointing, especially when Fitz hadn't wrapped his head around being a grandpa, much less being the second man in Jemma's life.

I loved the reunion bit, and that Yoyo had a chance to shine.  Also loved May's response to Snowflake's question after Daisy vibrated the attacking shrike out of existence.

Likewise, it was nice to see Team SHIELD finally being able to relax and enjoy themselves.  The confusion over Snowflake's status was also amusing, although Deke's assumption that Daisy was simply jealous struck me as annoying.  Admittedly, scruffy boy's maturity seemingly vanished when he travelled back in time, but given the [presumed] years that had passed since their last encounter, and his supposed street-wisdom, I'd've thought that he'd have picked up that Daisy isn't that into him.  As is, his obliviousness and obsession with her is definitely giving off a stalker vibe.  I had hoped that he'd have transferred his affections to Snowflake, especially since she seemingly reciprocates.

That Sarge had gone around the bend, being willing to abandon his own folk for his own survival the cause was kinda sad, while the revelation about him raises a whole lot of other questions.  That said, it does seem that I twigged onto something that it was Sarge's actions that contributed to the devastation.  However, we still do not know what the lady's plans are, although I suspect the death of Sarge will play into them.

All in all, a fun episode.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 15 July 2019 - 05:18 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 08:24 PM

Great episode.  It was so nice to see the whole team finally back together again, and Jocko's sacrifice was a fitting wrap-up for him.

I'm pretty sad that it looks like Davis is probably a goner (or is already dead?  Are we assuming Izel pulled some hitherto unknown shape-shifting power, or is there some other explanation for the "something happened while he was out of Jocko's sight" ploy here?)   I'm also wondering if she has any shrike with her, or is that threat off the books, with Daisy and Jocko's actions?
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#5 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:13 AM

We saw earlier that Izel can create Shrike seemingly from nothing, so if she has a few moments, there will be more.

And something she said stuck with me; she referred to "the body [Sarge is] wearing" --could that body actually be just a meat suit (maybe even Coulson's actual remains) being animated by a noncorporeal life-form?
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 04:23 PM

Well, that was an exciting conclusion to the cliffhanger, if not the storyline.  This season's plot seems to have segued from one Big Bad to another without actually switching gears.  Sarge and his commandos are (apparently) defeated and the Shrikes are (apparently) eliminated, but Punk Alien Chick is unaccounted for-- and May is acting a bit oddly, what with the whole cold-blooded execution thing.  Does Punky possess people or is she a shape-shifter? An illusionist?  Or is this a red (or pinkish) herring?  Maybe May has a duplicate just like Coulson does, and we're heading into phase three of this year's grand epic.  And even though Sarge has (apparently) been killed, I don't think Clark Gregg is gone, so what happens next?  Sarge gets better?  A new Sarge pops up?  A different but equally identical duplicate appears?  The real Coulson returns?  The mystery of the multiple Coulsons isn't over.

Other than that, there were several surprising developments.  Sarge basically lost by losing control of his team. He outright killed one of them, which I'm sure contributed to Big Bearded Guy switching sides, and his abandonment of Snowflake caused her to switch sides.  And she didn't seem too keen on becoming a butterfly when it came right down to it.  I wonder what will become of her now that she is in SHIELD custody and kind of has a thing going with Fuzzy Guy.

And it turned out that SHIELD was perfectly capable of defeating the Shrike menace without Sarge's help, thanks to Daisy using her Quake powers to obliterate the swarm-- although that solution felt kind of unsatisfying to me.  I think they may have had to cut some of that sequence for time or something, because it was over rather quickly and the number of Shrike that came through the doorway didn't seem to match the swarm in the sky.  What happens if some of them flew off?  Are they able to reproduce on their own?  Will they just possess random people and go dormant without Punky to trigger them, eventually startling a bunch of morticians way down the road?

And Fitz finally met his grandson from another timeline who he already met in yet another timeline but doesn't remember because he died after marrying Gemma in that one.  Poor Fitz needs therapy at this point.

But the best part, of course, was that Mack and YoYo are back together.  Now the show should just leave them alone and leave FitzSimmons alone-- they've suffered enough.  Stick to fighting supervillains!  :lol:

View PostCybersnark, on 14 July 2019 - 07:13 AM, said:

And something she said stuck with me; she referred to "the body [Sarge is] wearing" --could that body actually be just a meat suit (maybe even Coulson's actual remains) being animated by a noncorporeal life-form?  
She also said something about him never having had any memories.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,050 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:56 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 14 July 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

View PostCybersnark, on 14 July 2019 - 07:13 AM, said:

She also said something about him never having had any memories.

And yet, he acted like his hatred for her came from destroying his family.

Edited by M.E., 14 July 2019 - 08:58 PM.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:12 PM

Brainwashed, maybe?  Or he's a clone programmed with false memories?  Tahiti is a magical place.

#9 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,585 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:32 PM

Well ... he's been hunting Izel for over a hundred years, and is genetically identical to Coulson ... what do we actually know about Coulson prior to his joining SHIELD?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#10 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:15 PM

Or he could have been on worlds where time, due to relativity and gravity, moves much slower.

In other words, a year on our planet could be 50 on others.  Like VOYAGER'S "BLINK OF AN EYE", but not quite as extreme as a second on the ship is a full day on the planet.

Or even simply be a year for him is like 100 days instead of 365.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 15 July 2019 - 11:16 PM.

#11 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,585 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:09 AM

True ... but with that proviso, any time frame mentioned by extraterrestrials becomes meaningless, simply because of a lack of common reference.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#12 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:10 PM

I'm pretty sure he meant that he's been doing it for a hundred years in real time-- in other words, that he is that old.  Why bother to even mention it otherwise?  Of course, this could be false information that was planted in his head, too.

View PostG-man, on 15 July 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

Well ... he's been hunting Izel for over a hundred years, and is genetically identical to Coulson ... what do we actually know about Coulson prior to his joining SHIELD?  
According to May, she met his parents and knows a lot about his life-- but, like with Sarge, this could have been a manufactured background created by Coulson Makers Inc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users