Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,604 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:30 PM

The party's over, and now the team must trust each other in order to face impending doom and an enemy that's closer than they think.

Holy cow!  Things are coming to a head as this season goes rushing towards its finale in episode 13.

So, remember, True Believers, to tune in to ABC tonight, at 8pm Eastern/7pm Central to see what happens next!

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,604 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:19 PM

And to tease the rest of this season, here is the Comic-con trailer:

So hang onto your hats, the next four episodes are going to get bumpy ;)

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 19 July 2019 - 04:20 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,799 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 07:52 PM

Also out of Comic-Con (I think) is the news that Season 7 is definitely going to be the last.  I'm sad, but it's a couple of more seasons than I expected, so I can't complain.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,907 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:17 PM

Very well-constructed claustrophobic thriller this week — they’re clearly feeling the tight budget and favoring bottle shows, but this was a marvelously handled bottle show, with excellent structure and pacing, especially in the first half as the mystery unfolded and we tracked the enigma both back and forward. Plus we got the answer to the big mystery about Sarge.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,604 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:41 PM

Of course it was the monoliths ... that said, this was about the most plausible explanation to explain Sarge, and actually ties things back to season 5, quite nicely.

I loved Fitz's jab at his other self:  "He wasn't the smart one."

Yeah, it's ridiculous that he should be jealous of himself, but it also makes sense since he didn't experience the adventures and successes his other self had, and now finds himself following in his own footsteps (kinda).  Talk about life being unfair, and I think Deke still hasn't fully comprehended that this Fitz doesn't know him, despite Jemma supporting his claim to be Fitz's grandson.

Now, Izel ... OK ... being able to vanish into and co-opt some else's body ... that is truly a formidible ability.  I do not know how one could counter that.

Then, Izel and Sarge ... it seems those two had the same goals until Phil stumbled through their dimension and now set them against each other.

Lastly, I liked the whole "I gotta secret" tactic to reveal who Izel was inhabiting ... that really worked.  Albeit, upon her appearance, that they had nothing (not even an inkling) as to how to counter her abilities rather left them much like the dog that finally caught the speeding car.

I cannot wait to see how this all shakes out.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,799 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:02 PM

Well....

View PostRJDiogenes, on 07 July 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

I wonder if Coulson was duplicated and thrown into the past and lost his memory, which will be restored by the end of the story, effectively bringing back the real Coulson but with the added baggage of a hundred years worth of guilty conscience for all the killing. Sigh.  

Uh oh. I think I also made an offhand comment about there being a Monolith of Evil Twins at some point. Just joking, guys!  I was kind of hoping there was going to be some twistier twist than that.

And Punky really can possess people-- by physically inhabiting them. That was a little more than I expected, and she certainly turned out to be ruthless.  Piper's going to be out on disability for a while, and her friend is not going home to his wife and kid. And Mack must have a monster headache.  

So let me see if I have this straight:  Punky and Sarge come from a dimension where the life forms don't have physical bodies, but would like to have them for some reason, even though this would be totally alien to their nature, and the Shrike are portals or vehicles that they use to move to our dimension.  The idea of non-corporeal beings who lust after our fleshy shells seems a bit too 1950s Astonishing Tales for SHIELD.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,907 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:22 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 21 July 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

So let me see if I have this straight:  Punky and Sarge come from a dimension where the life forms don't have physical bodies, but would like to have them for some reason, even though this would be totally alien to their nature,

And walking on land was totally alien to the nature of fish, but they still started doing it and gained new opportunities and capabilities as a result. Flying was totally alien to the nature of proto-avian dinosaurs, but they still started doing it, etc. The opportunity to expand into a new environment is one that many life forms have seized and benefited from.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users