• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:46 PM

I have lost a friend. The world has lost a voice.

This kind man was my friend for many, many years. We met back in the days of the Xena forum and a friendship slowly formed. It wasn't always smooth, in fact, it got really rough for a brief moment, but he was a good man who owned up to his mistakes and came out the other side a great friend to many of us.

He was my friend, and in my inbox is his last message to me. It is full of laughter and silly remarks, touched by an underlying sadness. He was not in the best of health, but he always tried to lighten the seriousness of it all. In that, he and I were kindred spirits. If we could joke it away, we did. I would bet that his last words were to tell everyone some silly, crazy, laughter inducing story. Get that last laugh before the curtain came down.

He was in a lot of pain and now he's not, but now I am. We knew each other for 24 years, and I can't believe I will never be able to joke with him again.

Rest gently, yadda. Posted Image My condolences to your lovely wife and your family. Posted Image

:(

Edited by Elara, 20 July 2019 - 04:52 PM.

El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:57 PM

Oh No!!!!  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,631 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:20 PM

Ah, man :( :cry: :waah:

RIP, Yadda yadda.  It was good to know you.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 22 July 2019 - 04:54 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:29 PM

I am so sorry to hear this.  RIP, yadda yadda.  :cry:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:32 PM

This is horribly sad. I'm sorry that you lost your friend Elara.

RIP yadda yadda.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#6 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 03:29 PM

I'm very sorry to hear that. He will be missed.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#7 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:54 PM

:hugs: Elara!  :(  yadda!  :(  I'm sorry to read/hear of his passing.  He always seemed like a good guy on here.  I'm glad you knew him as well as you did.  Means his memory will live on longer.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users