Veronica Mars Season 4

Veronica Mars

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:52 PM

Hulu released the fourth season of Veronica Mars early. I am planning on watching one episode a day, which is hard. I want to binge watch it but who knows when we will get new VM content, if ever?

Spring Break Forever

The season takes place five years after the movie. Veronica and Logan are living together now. Keith is having lots of medical problems due to the car crash he was involved in. Otherwise, not much has changed.

There is a lot of stuff in this episode that any Marshmallow will love. The first scene featuring Veronica and Keith together was perfect. Absolutely perfect. Those two have not lost any of their great familial chemistry. That scene had me laughing so loud. I'd give the episode an A ranking just for that scene alone.

While I am not a fan of the Veronica/Logan romance the two do have chemistry and their scenes here work. It also shows how damaged Veronica is. Logan proposes to her and Veronica turns him down flat, saying that marriage doesn't work. Later Logan is playing with a baby and you can tell Veronica wants to run away as fast as possible.

Wallace is in the episode, but just barely. Things are going great with him. He is married, has a son, and lives in a nice house. I wanted more interaction between him and Veronica but there are still seven episodes left.

There's not a lot to the mystery yet. The spring break motel isn't bombed until about halfway through the episode and there's not much to go on. Four people were killed and any of them or none of them could have been the intended victim.

Veronica and Keith get involved when the older brother of one of the victim's hires them. He is a Congressman and an Arab-American, which makes him a target. He wants to know if that is the reason for the bombing.

It wouldn't be Veronica Mars if there wasn't class tension and we do get some of that in the first episode. Richard Casablancas is out of jail and has started a campaign to enact new laws meant to gussy up Neptune and get rid of the riff raff. This puts him at odds with Nicole, owner of a popular bar.

I was surprised to see a character from the novels turn up. In the second novel Lamb is ousted as Sheriff and a woman named Langdon takes over the role. She turns up here for one scene. I don't know if that means both novels are canon but it would be nice if they were.

This was a good premiere to start the new with. It has all the bite and snark that you could want and what appears to be the start of a good mystery. Veronica Mars is back.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,601 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:10 PM

Veronica Mars, the show that will not die.  It's nice when fan favorite shows like this get a new life through streaming venues.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Veronica Mars

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users