Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,594 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:25 AM

Tonight is the penultimate episode before next week’s two-part season finale.

Out of answers and running out of time, the agents must face the ghosts of their past in order to move forward.

And the Sneak Peek:

So remember to tune in to ABC tonight, True Believers, at 8pm Eastern/7pm Central to see what happens next!

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,601 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 05:20 PM

Well, that wasn't very nice.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,594 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 09:52 AM

Hunh ... so it looks like the Chronocon Hunters are staging a coup ...

Anyhow, I'm liking the tie-ins to last season, and Team Fitz-Simmons is truly frightening in their brilliance, once they can define the issues.

The confrontation between Skye/Daisy and Sarge was well done, and it makes sense that despite knowing her true identity he would still think of her as he had first met her.  And good on Simmons for calling Daisy out on her running away from problems.  I guess that habits of a lifetime of living alone wouldn't necessarily change even with six years with SHIELD.

And now, Izel is precisely where she wants to be and now has the means to get what she wants.  How will our gang stop her?  And will the Chronocons play a role, or are they setting up Season 7?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,601 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 01:56 PM

Things are getting pretty grim indeed. Punky has killed another character, in particularly ruthless fashion. All this speculation about the nature of her power, though, makes me wonder about her standard body and where it came from, since she is actually a formless being from another dimension. Presumably she acquired it in a fashion similar to Sarge, but who is her donor? Is that just to be left to the imagination, or will it figure into the plot?  And if she's essentially in a human body like Sarge, why doesn't somebody just blast her when she's between possessions?  She'll come back, but at least it would put her out of commission for a while.

Good to see that Piper is still around and taking an active hand in things.  Gotta hand it to her. Haha. And the professor has made a reappearance only for us to find out that he is responsible for his husband's death. I was still surprised that he actually gave up the coordinates, though.  I thought it would turn out that he gave Punky bad data-- and maybe that will still turn out to be the case.  All those ancient ruin temples start to look alike after a while.

This ancient ruin actually looked kind of like video game footage, though.  Even Punky looked a little Uncanny Valley in those temple sequences. I'm not sure if that's an insult to SHIELD or a compliment to video games, but it was kind of cool either way.

I got a kick out of Fuzzy Guy working with his grandparents, so eager to please. But he actually came up with the insight that may defeat Punky, and Fitz seemed a little proud of him.

I have mixed feelings about what's going on with Sarge, though. Obviously both May and Daisy believe that Coulson is really in there, and echoes of him certainly are. He called Daisy Skye and was willing to sacrifice himself for the team, but I'm not sure I like where it's all going.  For me, Coulson is the heart of SHIELD-- that character is really the main reason I started watching-- and I'd really like to see the real guy return before the series ends.  A doppelganger with a century's worth of genocide behind him is not really an adequate substitute.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,882 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 02:49 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 27 July 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

And if she's essentially in a human body like Sarge, why doesn't somebody just blast her when she's between possessions?  She'll come back, but at least it would put her out of commission for a while.

Sarge's powers are only starting to wake up. It's possible that Izel's regenerative powers are far greater/faster.

And the professor has made a reappearance only for us to find out that he is responsible for his husband's death.

That's hardly fair. His husband was already brain-dead, and he only made the decision to shut off the life support. Remember, this wasn't really the husband, it was a manifestation of Benson's worst fear -- What if he could still have been saved and I killed him? So all that stuff about him being aware and able to hear it all was just lies to demoralize Benson.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users