• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

Morgan and Grace search an abandoned shopping mall for supplies and to fulfill a dying man's wish but the mission quickly turns to a fight for survival; Dwight's resolve to be a better man is tested.

Uh oh. Looks like a plot development involving Dwight.  I knew there had to be more to his part than searching for his wife.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:57 PM

Well, that was a nice little homage to Dawn of the Dead.  I think the original show visited some kind of mall once, but it was very different from the Romero movie. This episode was very visually reminiscent of DOD.

Kind of an interesting mission that they were on, to answer a guy's dying wish.  When they found him alive on the roof, I thought it would turn out that he hadn't really been bitten after all.  He sure did seem to hang in there for a long time. But it was nice, and emblematic of what this show has become-- an effort to preserve the essence of humanity in dark times.  This was echoed by Dwight's encounter with Max Headroom's crony.  I wonder if his gesture will prove fruitful or if it will end up biting them all in the ass.  Or if we'll just never know.

So in the end, Grace decided not to confirm or rule out her diagnosis.  This is kind of interesting.  With Grace and Alicia, and possibly Morgan, exposed to potentially lethal doses of radiation, I wonder if they are leading up to revealing that the Zombie Virus confers some measure of protection against disease or injury. I've wondered about this since Rick's improbable survival for several weeks or months in a coma (yeah, I know they eventually tried to explain that) and the times when certain characters survived what should have been deadly injuries. And yes, it has been said that the kids' parents died from exposure to radioactive Zombie blood, but that's second-hand information.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users