Details in this thread

DragonCon 2019...

9 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:53 AM

Well, I arrived yesterday and did my prep.

I just my ticket to get David Tennant and Freema Agyeman's autograph.

And I have to hope all the people on my list will be here today and tomorrow, because I have to drive back to Miami a day early due to that damned hurricane.

The ONE thing in the entire year I look forward to, I have to cut short.

Time to make the extra most out of it!

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:34 PM

I really need to save up one year and go to a con. It has been on my bucket list for a long time now.

I hope that you get to meet everyone you wanted to before the hurricane ruins everything.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 02:15 PM

Instead of cutting it short, you should just stay longer to avoid the storm.  ;)

I'd love to meet Freema Agyeman.  She was my favorite Companion.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:02 PM

The thing is this... I drove up in a rental because my truck has 295,000 miles on it.  She can't handle another long haul like this.

I want to get the car back to their lot before the storm hits so if any damage happens, it's not on me.  Never mind the fact I want to be close by mom and my wife and her family.

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:03 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 31 August 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

Instead of cutting it short, you should just stay longer to avoid the storm.  ;)

I'd love to meet Freema Agyeman.  She was my favorite Companion.

I just got her autograph and picture a little while ago.  Sweet woman.  Had a bunch of laughs.

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:43 PM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 31 August 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

I want to get the car back to their lot before the storm hits so if any damage happens, it's not on me.  Never mind the fact I want to be close by mom and my wife and her family.  
That's understandable.  I hope everybody gets through okay.

View PostFarscapeOne, on 31 August 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

I just got her autograph and picture a little while ago.  Sweet woman.  Had a bunch of laughs.  
Post it!  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:20 PM

Well, it looks like Dorian is not going to hit us.  Thankfully.

I feel for the Bahamas, though.  They got pummeled hard.

RJ, I would post, but I have no idea how to do that.  I have my pictures on my phone, which I will transfer to my external drive sometime in the next few days.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:48 PM

The Bahamas really took a beating.  :(  I'm thankful that the storm missed Florida, though. I've got a friend there, and she's had enough troubles.

If you want to post pics and don't know how, feel free to email them to me and I can post them for you.

#9 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:35 PM

Glad  you had fun. I could never be able to go to one of those, but it's nice to read about them.

#10 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 03:27 PM

Glad you had fun.  I went 10 years ago to DragonCon.  Pretty wild.

VigilVox, I recommend at least one con experience.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users