#1 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:08 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Actor Aron Eisenberg, DEEP SPACE NINE’s Nog, Dies at 50

Ferengi troublemaker Nog started off on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine as a bad influence on young Jake Sisko, only to grow into one of the most well-rounded characters on the series — through learning to become a good friend to the station commander’s son, working to convince others that he was more than just a profit-seeking Ferengi, finding his way into Starfleet and eventually struggling to overcome his own personal trauma after a wartime injury.

The TrekCore team was saddened to learn last night that the man behind Nog’s struggles and successes, actor Aron Eisenberg, has passed away at the age of 50, as announced by his wife on social media.

Malíssa Longo on facebook

Screenshot-2019-9-24 Mal ssa Longo (smaller).jpg

Remembering Aron Eisenberg, 1969-2019

Eisenberg, described himself as "actor, filmmaker and proud father" and was a professional photographer who shot landscapes, concerts, corporate photography, portraits and more. Eisenberg's earliest credits included an episode of the series Straight Up, the TV movie Amityville: The Evil Escapes and the features The Horror Show, Playroom and Beverly Hills Brats, all in the late 1980s.

Star Trek Online players held a torchlit vigil for Aron Eisenberg in Quark's Bar

vigil - EBYNxKmahGKTa99uvqxgkh-1024-80.jpg

Aron Eisenberg, who played the Ferengi Nog in all seven seasons of Deep Space Nine, as well as appearing as Kar in an episode of Voyager, died on September 21. The much-loved actor was honored by fans in Star Trek Online—in which he also appeared, voicing Nog during the tutorial—with a torchlight vigil at Quark's Bar.

~

Other players posted images of the vigil both on the subreddit and the Facebook page What Happens on the Holodeck, Stays on the Holodeck.

This .........  Really hurts.  :waah:

I've started rewatching all his episodes of DS9.  I think I will be watching these for a while.

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 24 September 2019 - 11:56 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:43 PM

1- Screenshot-Malissa - JPG.jpg

2- Screenshot-Armin - JPG.jpg

3- Screenshot-Kitty - JPG.jpg

4- Screenshot-Chase - JPG.jpg

5- Screenshot-Chase_ - JPG.jpg

6- Screenshot-RHW - JPG.jpg

7- Screenshot-Rene - JPG.jpg

8- Screenshot-Penny - JPG.jpg

9- Screenshot-NanaVisitor - JPG.jpg

10- Screenshot-2019-9-25 Sid City ( sidcityonline) Twitter.png
10a- sid pic - EFLAC2QXYAEIQ_z.jpg

11- Screenshot-2019-9-23 Tweets with replies by Terry Farrell ( 4TerryFarrell) Twitter - JPG.jpg

12- Screenshot-Nicole deBoer - JPG.jpg
12a- Nicole deBoer - EFGaOEfVAAARVFE.jpg
12b- Nicole deBoer - EFGaOEfUUAAtyPb.jpg
12c- Nicole deBoer - EFGaOEhU8AAecb9.jpg

13- Screenshot-2019-9-23 H▲N▲ on Instagram “Rest in Paradise, Aron You were a gem amongst a universe full of coal Thank you for... - JPG.jpg
14- Hana - 69774878_267214500911131_1132631716060347607_n - JPG.jpg

15- Screenshot-2019-9-25 James Darren ( jameswdarren) Twitter(1).png
15a- James Darren pic - EFDICm1XoAA2qdp.jpg

16- Screenshot-Combs - JPG.jpg

17- Screenshot-TonyTodd - JPG.jpg

18- Screenshot-Malissa coach.png
18a- Screenshot-Malissa coach,pic - EFFury0UYAAVxEi.jpg

19- Screenshot-Malissa pic - JPG.jpg

20- Screenshot-7th - JPG.jpg

SFG :heart:
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:47 PM

1- Screenshot-Shatner - JPG.jpg

2- Screenshot-Frakes - JPG.jpg

3- Screenshot-Marina - JPG.jpg

4- Screenshot-Picardo - JPG.jpg

5- Screenshot-Jeri - JPG.jpg

6- Screenshot-Garret - JPG.jpg

7- Screenshot-Ira - JPG.jpg

8- Screenshot-Okuda - JPG.jpg

9- Screenshot-KRAD - JPG.jpg

10 -Screenshot-Doug Jones - JPG.jpg

11- Screenshot-Rapp - JPG.jpg

12- Screenshot-WilsonCruz - JPG.jpg

13- Screenshot-Beaver - JPG.jpg

I'm sure I've missed somebody.  There is so much love pouring around the internet right now.  :heart:

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 24 September 2019 - 11:48 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:57 PM

1- Screenshot-photo - JPG.jpg

2- Screenshot-2019-9-24 TrekMovie com ( TrekMovie) Twitter - JPG.jpg

3- Screenshot-2019-9-23 Destination StarTrek ( StarTrek_DST) Twitter - JPG.jpg

4- Screenshot-thank - JPG.jpg

5- Screenshot-watch - JPG.jpg

5a- Screenshot-watch - JPG.jpg

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:07 AM

People have been posting favorite clips and videos in memory, as well.  :humble:

And some real life videos too.  (I believe you will have to click to view these.)

This one is ... the most adorable thing ever:
Backstage at a con

And this was in reply to that vid:

Screenshot-2019-9-25 Ira Steven Behr on Twitter .png

On stage at a con

And ... walking in the snow.

SFG  :heart:

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 25 September 2019 - 12:09 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:15 AM

Every story I read from people who knew him, or met him at a con or online, is amazing.  They tell of the warmest, kindest, most caring person, always wanting to make people smile.

I'm sure there are more stories like this from members here who have met him.  I would love to hear some of them, from whomever wishes to share.  :heart:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,951 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:12 PM

I just heard about this yesterday what a shocker.  I can't even grasp the concept of Nog at 50, let alone him dying at 50.  :cry:

RIP, Aron Eisenberg.  :(
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 11:51 AM

His son is organizing a memorial for Aron online, and everyone is invited.  Really, everyone!  It will take place in World of Warcraft, and if you don't have a WoW account, apparently anyone can make a trial account just to attend.

It is tomorrow, Sunday 9/29/19 @ 7-8pm PST.

Screenshot-2019-9-28 Megan Elise ( MeganElise0_0) Twitter.png

Screenshot-2019-9-28 Mal ssa Longo ( Malissa_Longo) Twitter.png

Screenshot-2019-9-28 Kitty Ann Swink ( KitSwink) Twitter.png

Here is the what his son posted on reddit, with all the details: (Either click the link to read, or on the screencap to view full size.)

I'm Aron Eisenberg's son. I want to invite everyone to something.

Screenshot-2019-9-28 r startrek - I'm Aron Eisenberg's son I want to invite everyone to something - long edit 2.png

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 28 September 2019 - 11:53 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 02:17 PM

There is also a GoFundMe drive set up to help his family with funeral costs etc.  This is being organized by Megan Elise (wife of Garrett Wang), and it is the real deal.

When I first posted this thread, the fundraiser had been temporarily paused while they were checking on tax implications.  (The point is to help the family, not add new problems).  But it is re-open now that they got their answers.  Here is the link:

Fundraiser for Malissa Longo by Megan Elise : Aron Eisenberg Memorial

Screenshot- funds, Garrett & Megan.png

Screenshot- funds, Chase.png

~

Also, there is this art auction, to benefit the family as well:

Original inkwash on 8.5”x11” bristolboard. By J. K. Woodward | eBay

Screenshot-Auction- ( BatlethBabe) Twitter.png

Screenshot-2019-9-28 JK Woodward ( JK_Woodward) Twitter.png

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 28 September 2019 - 02:20 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,951 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 04:47 PM

I can't join the memorial, but I added a donation.  What a bunch of great friends and relatives he has.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#11 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:10 AM

This is heartbreaking news. I am glad to see the fan community rallying around and helping the family.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aron Eisenberg, Nog, DS9, Star Trek: DS9

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users