Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

SUPERNATURAL - S15, E1 - "BACK AND TO THE FUTURE"...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:58 PM

Picking up where we left off last season, Sam, Dean and Castiel are left to defend the world after all the souls in hell have been released and are back on Earth and free to kill again.

#2 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:00 PM

The start of the final season.  I already feel sad....

Greatly looking forward to this, and I'm certain that, knowing each episode is a step closer to the end, a single man tear will happen as I watch.

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,859 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:14 PM

I'm psyched about the Everything Apocalypse, even though I'm sorry we're reaching the end.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:19 AM

A great start for the last season.

First, the song choice of "The Famous Final Scene" by Bob Seger... excellent choice for THE ROAD SO FAR.  And I loved how it still played in the teaser, all the way to the title card.  I will confess... knowing how much Dean loves Seger and how the song was so perfect for the last season, I already shed a single man tear while it was playing.  Very much the same way with season 6's "EXILE ON MAIN ST."... not only was it perfect for Dean's situation at that time, but it happens to be my favorite Seger song.  And yes... I shed a single man tear when that originally premiered, as well.

Next, we got to see some VERY old defeated foes... the woman in white, Bloody Mary, and that damned clown.  (This is precisely why I find clowns supremely creepy.)  I think that other woman ghost, the one wearing black, was Margaret Fox from season 7's "THE MENTALISTS".  Not sure who the guy was... I'm going to have to think hard on that one.

And interesting having that demon take over Jack's meatsuit.  And I find his reasons for helping the boys strangely understandable.  I guess even in hell, some people don't like change and just enjoy going to work and doing what they are good at.  And I think the rock he was referring to is that really old one in England... Rudson Rock or something, which is like 10,000 years old.  And given his knowledge of spells, I wonder if he knows even more than Rowena.

It seems clear that this season will sort of be the epilogue of the boys' journey... did they really make a difference?  Was it worth it?

And I caught that look on Dean's face when Belphegor said even the Cage was opened.  Even crippled, as Chuck said back in season 11, Michael is still an Archangel.  And damned powerful.  Actually... he's the only one left.  I think Dean is scared he'll escape and find a way to make him say yes.

And it looks like we'll finally get to see Adam this year.

So much to do and tie up for a 20 episode season.

#5 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:23 AM

I liked the demon wearing Jack's body, too.  If he sticks around, I do hope that they'll get him some eyes... even just the little edges of the holes in side shots was unpleasant.

Very interesting about the possibility of "our" Michael coming back into play.  And I'm really curious about that flash Sam had from his bullet wound... I didn't go back to tell for sure if it was a specific callback to anything, but that, in combination with the mention of Michael, made me wonder if we'll be seeing some return of the full Lucifer/Michael conflict.

Interesting that they're framing this as Chuck being actually GONE, rather than sticking around to watch them struggle to the end.  I wonder if it's as easy as that, or if they'll still have to find some way to "defeat" him in the end anyway.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#6 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:59 AM

A friend mentioned earlier this morning about the bullet in Sam.

What if the bullet will end up giving Sam some of Chuck's powers and he ends up becoming the new god?

It would kind of fit into what someone once said that the end of show could have Sam in charge of heaven and Dean in charge of hell.

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,859 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:10 PM

Well, that was an interesting start to the final countdown, despite the fact that it was mostly setup for the season.  Chuck was nowhere to be seen, and I found the conversation between Sam and Dean about God and free will very intriguing-- if they can resolve this thing and Chuck really has moved on to start a new franchise, then they have the universe to themselves.  Which sets up a possible ending similar to the one I envisioned way back near the start of the show, with Sam and Dean in charge of Heaven and Hell.

One thing I did not like is the demon in Jack's body.  I hope this is just a stopgap and we get the real Jack back quickly.

View PostNiko, on 12 October 2019 - 01:23 AM, said:

Very interesting about the possibility of "our" Michael coming back into play.  
The thing that I found interesting was that the demon said that Michael was "just sitting there."  I wonder if his time in the cage has changed him.

View PostFarscapeOne, on 13 October 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

A friend mentioned earlier this morning about the bullet in Sam.

What if the bullet will end up giving Sam some of Chuck's powers and he ends up becoming the new god?

It would kind of fit into what someone once said that the end of show could have Sam in charge of heaven and Dean in charge of hell.  
That's a cool idea.  That was me, obviously, who theorized about Sam and Dean in charge of Heaven and Hell, but it never occurred to me that the magic bullet would be a catalyst for that.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users