AHS: 1984 - S9, E6 - "Episode 100"...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:16 PM

With the horrors of the night behind them the survivors deal with the fallout of their choices.

#2 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:17 PM

This is the 100th episode of AMERICAN HORROR STORY!

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:02 AM

We get a flash forward of years several times.  Interesting paths.

I didn't expect Trevor to be alive.  Nice touch with Margaret forcing a marriage on him, with a spouse not being forced to testify.  Pretty crafty, that one.

And we got a flash of a few things from previous seasons, like when she bought Briarcliff... from ASYLUM.

And I would have bet that the baby Jingles left was Dylan McDermott's character from MURDER HOUSE.  But then I realized his name was Ben, not Bobby.

I have just discovered that the season cut out 1 episode... it was supposed to be 10 episodes.  It will be 9 episodes.  This will make it the shortest season. I wondwr why?

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 11:08 AM

This was an okay episode. It doesn't help that I'm just not feeling this season. Honestly it reminds me too much of Murder House and Roanoke. We once again have a place where the spirits of the dead are trapped and kill people. I feel like both those previous seasons did the concept much better.

Part of my problem is that I truly wanted an old school 80s style slasher series and that's just not 1984. This might be a season I like better on a re-watch when I know what I'm getting.

That said, I am interested to see how the rest of the season plays out, especially with a lot of people going to Camp Redwood again.

And we got a flash of a few things from previous seasons, like when she bought Briarcliff... from ASYLUM.

I did appreciate that. I like when they remind us that the seasons are connected but in a way that doesn't shove it in your face.

I have just discovered that the season cut out 1 episode... it was supposed to be 10 episodes.  It will be 9 episodes.  This will make it the shortest season. I wondwr why?

That is strange. If this had been just a straight up slasher season I could see reducing the episode count. It's hard to maintain the tension and kills over a number of episodes. With the introduction of ghosts and a time jump I figured they would have plenty of material to fill the episodes.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users