• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 06:58 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

NOTHING AS IT SEEMS - A disturbing death has Gotham reeling and the city reaches out for their new vigilante hero. Luke (Camrus Johnson) confides in Kate (Ruby Rose), while Sophie (Meagan Tandy) asks Jacob (Dougray Scott) for a special assignment. Alice (Rachel Skarsten) continues her nefarious plot against the Kanes, with Catherine (Elizabeth Anweis) being a conduit to part of her plan. Batwoman pays another visit to Mary (Nicole Kang.)

Read more: Listings - BATWOMAN on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz64vFHffDy

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,627 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:53 AM

Sophie (Kate’s Ex), yeah, I understand that they are trying to make her conflicted, but she’s coming across as being rather selfish and unreliable.  By and large, I’m fully behind Mary (Kate’s step-sister) calling her out on her behavior, because she is really not thinking about the harm she is doing to others even if she thinks she is doing right.

That said, they seemed to have dropped the whole angle of Sophie’s relationship with her husband, even as they’ve labelled her as being Jacob’s second-in-command of the Crows.

The Alice thing … yeah, troubles with Mouse (Alice’s foster-brother) over her wanting to reunite with Kate, when Mouse wants Alice all to himself.  Unfortunately, for me, a little bit of Alice goes a long way, and I really wished that she had been absent this episode.

Anyhow, we had a new villain, the Executioner, who is apparently a one-shot villain.  His vendetta was way specific (three people, and no more), but I did like his motivation as well as the red herring, which Batwoman saw through because she was willing to investigate beyond the snap judgement, whereas Jacob (Kate’s father) really comes across as someone who once he makes a mistake, will double-down on the mistake rather than admit he was wrong and try to right it.  Once he could admit it, then Kate could try to forgive him, but whether he’ll try to compensate for this tendency in the future, only the writers know.

Unfortunately, the Executioner and his revelations suddenly has Luke questioning his worldview, as perhaps the murderer of Lucius Fox is still out there because the Executioner’s victims were more interested in closing cases than solving them.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 12 November 2019 - 09:53 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,921 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:26 AM

View PostG-man, on 12 November 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

Sophie (Kate’s Ex), yeah, I understand that they are trying to make her conflicted, but she’s coming across as being rather selfish and unreliable.  By and large, I’m fully behind Mary (Kate’s step-sister) calling her out on her behavior, because she is really not thinking about the harm she is doing to others even if she thinks she is doing right.

I think there's still a story to be told about Sophie's backstory and why she feels the need to stay in the closet.

Mouse (Alice’s foster-brother)

Poor choice of words. Abduction is not fostering.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,627 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:41 AM

I'm thinking (twisted as it may be) that is how Mouse defines them, which is probably why he is so discomfited by her concerns over Kate.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Batwoman, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users