• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

LIES AND LOYALTY - Kate (Ruby Rose) and Sophie (Meagan Tandy) must reconcile with their past as Kate questions just how much she can trust her former lover. Kate and Luke (Camrus Johnson) have an encounter with an old friend. Mary (Nicole Kang) grapples with the fate of the Kane family as Catherine (Elizabeth Anweis) seeks Jacob's (Dougray Scott) help. Alice (Rachel Skarsten) and a new cohort are in on yet another nefarious plan, but her motives are more than they seem.

Read more: Listings - BATWOMAN on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz65aNWJi8O

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,627 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:04 AM

So, Alfred has a kickass daughter ... is this peculiar to this show, or is this something from the comics?  Also, how stupid was her introduction?  She's after the sharpshooter, Batwoman entangles the sharpshooter, and so, in true Marvel fashion, she can't resist fighting Batwoman just sos she can get reacquainted, and allows the sharpshooter to escape.   :facepalm-f7e:  But then again, this sets up the old decoy trick to throw Sophie off the scent.

And speaking of Sophie ... Again they chose a tale I had no interest in.  The only takeaway was that Jacob Kaine was involved in her fateful decision, and that she stood up for Kate after Kate left.  I'm not sure about the restaurant scene ... I would've thought that in the big city, if the people are appropriately attired, especially in a high end restaurant, it wouldn't be an issue, am I mistaken in this belief?

Meanwhile, Mary still proves to be the most sympathetic of the characters during this divorce, and I'm glad Kate's decided to be more involved with her.  So, it's been 5 years since the Hamilton-Kanes becames a family ... that's good to know (except the premier episode stated that they've been together for over a decade, so what's up with that?  Was it a 5+ year courtship, or something?)

And, finally, it looks as if they are setting up a big bad who might force Batwoman and Alice to team up.  Unfortunately, the sharpshooter didn't really impress as a villain ... he lacked panache.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 18 November 2019 - 10:18 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,921 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:34 AM

View PostG-man, on 18 November 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

So, Alfred has a kickass daughter ... is this peculiar to this show, or is this something from the comics?

Relatively new comics character, created in 2014 by Gerry Conway and Don Newton.

I'm not sure about the restaurant scene ... I would've thought that in the big city, if the people are appropriately attired, especially in a high end restaurant, it wouldn't be an issue, am I mistaken in this belief?

Big cities tend to be more tolerant on the whole, but that doesn't mean there aren't exceptions. Hell, New York City is the most cosmopolitan place on Earth, but its native son Donald Trump is one of the worst bigots out there.

Unfortunately, the sharpshooter didn't really impress as a villain ... he lacked panache.

Yeah. "The Rifle" is the best nickname they could come up with for the guy? I can hear Cisco facepalming from here.

Edited by Christopher, 18 November 2019 - 10:36 AM.

"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Batwoman, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users