Jump to content


Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

The Witcher: Who's watching?

The Witcher Netflix Henry Cavill

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

    Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

  • Islander
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 05:28 PM

Oh boy does this look good!  Anyone watching on 20th of December?



QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght


#2 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:01 PM

I'm really looking forward to watching.  Netflix says it is hoping, The Witcher will be the next "Game of Thrones".

#3 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

    Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

  • Islander
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:18 AM

Well, since I didn't watch Game of Thrones, and can't be convinced to do so - I'll just hope it does the books justice.

The trailer looks great.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght


#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • Moderator
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:16 AM

I am looking forward to this as well. I didn't realize it was airing this soon though so thanks for the heads up.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El


It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#5 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:26 PM

View PostQueenTiye, on 02 December 2019 - 12:18 AM, said:

Well, since I didn't watch Game of Thrones, and can't be convinced to do so - I'll just hope it does the books justice.

The trailer looks great.

QT

I don't think they mean like "GoT" I think they mean as popular/successful as...

#6 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:23 PM

Yup, I'm on board big-time.  I haven't read the books, but do adore the character from the games.  I know the series is officially based on the books, but it's crazy to think there isn't going to be some inspiration from how the game presented the characters... so I'm curious to see how much overlap/divergence there ends up being.

In particular, I think the fact that they seem aware that Geralt isn't just some grizzled bad-ass, but a SEXY grizzled bad-ass is probably thanks to the games. :)
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#7 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

    Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

  • Islander
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:37 PM

View PostNiko, on 02 December 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:


In particular, I think the fact that they seem aware that Geralt isn't just some grizzled bad-ass, but a SEXY grizzled bad-ass is probably thanks to the games. :)

Um.. no.  He's that guy in the books, for sure.  That said, Henry Cavill is a gamer, and played the games before reading the books.  SO - there's bound to be some influence.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght


#8 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:26 AM

View PostNiko, on 02 December 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

Yup, I'm on board big-time.  I haven't read the books, but do adore the character from the games.  I know the series is officially based on the books, but it's crazy to think there isn't going to be some inspiration from how the game presented the characters... so I'm curious to see how much overlap/divergence there ends up being.

In particular, I think the fact that they seem aware that Geralt isn't just some grizzled bad-ass, but a SEXY grizzled bad-ass is probably thanks to the games. :)

I haven't read the books or played any games so, I'm going in fresh. lol  I don't normally notice blondes but, he makes the exception. :D

#9 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

    Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

  • Islander
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:34 AM

View PostM.E., on 03 December 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

I haven't read the books or played any games so, I'm going in fresh. lol  I don't normally notice blondes but, he makes the exception. :D

That's funny.  He's supposed to have WHITE hair, not blond.  But the wig looks blond to me as well.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght




Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Witcher, Netflix, Henry Cavill

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users