Batwoman: A Mad Tea-Party

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:12 AM

Posted Image

AND THE AWARD GOES TO - Kate (Ruby Rose) and Alice (Rachel Skarsten) continue their sister/nemesis dance, while Alice and Mouse (guest star Sam Littlefield) construct their most evil plan yet. Mary (Nicole Kang) invites Kate to a special event honoring Catherine (Elizabeth Anweis) and Jacob (Dougray Scott) makes a decision that leaves Kate perplexed.

Read more: Listings - BATWOMAN on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz66xGGmGZd

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,627 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:45 AM

Well, that was certainly a downer.

Alice get's her cruel revenge on the Hamilton-Kanes for their abandonment of her.  Alas, Mary, who deserves so much better, ends up being collateral damage ... I hope this doesn't set her on the Villain's Path, she's one of the few genuinely good people on this show.  The only positive out of this is that Catherine confessed how much she cherished her, and how proud she was of her.

Interesting how an act of rapprochement between Catherine and Jacob caused Kate to suspect that an imposter was playing her dad.  But, even so, this episode pointed up just how ineffectual Batwoman could be.

Meanwhile, continuing Alice's thesis about choices and consequences, Sophie and her husband finally have THE Talk, which leaves Sophie in an unfortunate situation.

Finally, I had not realized the Kanes were Jewish ... is this from the comic?

Anyhow, I hope they'll let Alice rest a bit.  While a nemesis may be a good thing plotwise, they do tend to run the risk of overuse.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 02 December 2019 - 10:49 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,921 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:49 AM

Yes, Kate is Jewish in the comics.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users