SUPERNATURAL - S15, E7 - "LAST CALL"...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:47 PM

Dean goes off on his own to take on a case. Meanwhile, Castiel has an idea of how he can help Sam track down God.

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,075 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 08:13 PM

The boys are back in town again.  :thumbs-up:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 10:56 AM

This episode was worth it just to see Dean singing THE DUKES OF HAZZARD theme.

And the ROAD HOUSE homages... great fun.

"Can't just sit there lip synching 'Eye of the Tiger' when nobody's looking."  Great line!

I've noticed a recurring theme with this series... former hunters.  The very few who actually leave the life end up bad in some way.  I felt something was off with Lee from the start... I'm sorry I was right.  I was hoping for a new end of the road for hunters.

It's good to see Eileen still hanging around the bunker.  Sam deserves some fun and happiness.  I hope they do end up in a happily ever after scenario... or at least as close as hunters can get.

Castiel... bro, your timing sucks.  Sam and Eileen were about to have some 'fun', and you just had to barge in.  But a good thing you did, because we got some progress on the Chuck hunt.

One tidbit really interests me... Death's Key.  How did Sergei know of its existence, and what more does it do?  I have a feeling we'll be getting to that before the end.

Yes, this was a bit of a filler episode, but it was a lot of fun.  I'd definitely call this weakest of the season, but it was the first for this writer, so maybe thay's why.  Still a fun ride.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 06 December 2019 - 11:02 AM.

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,075 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 05:30 PM

So I got my wish and Eileen is still around, with hints of a romance brewing there. And speaking of hints, I wonder if Dean's conversation with Lee, where Lee says nobody cares and there's no reason to bother, and Dean replies that he cares and you always have to fight, foreshadows that possible ending where Sam and Dean take over Heaven and Hell. Perhaps just wishful thinking, but....

It was nice to see Christian Kane guest starring.  I loved the cast of The Librarians. I wish somebody could get a revival going.

And we now have confirmation, as if we needed it, that Sam and Chuck are connected. And Sam has confirmed that Chuck is weak to the point where he can be defeated. The question is how, and what will the result be?  Will they kill him or confine him?  And can the universe survive God's death?  I can't help but think that they will somehow sway him and bring back the good Chuck.

And Angel Radio has been silent for months. Lots of foreshadowing going on this week, I think.

View PostFarscapeOne, on 06 December 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

This episode was worth it just to see Dean singing THE DUKES OF HAZZARD theme.  
Kind of scary how well it fits the show.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users