• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,346 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:48 PM

Everybody's favorite Deep Space Constable, Rene Auberjonois, has died at the age of 79.  :(

Rene_1.jpg

Rene_2.jpg

Rene_3.jpg

He was a favorite of fans of both Benson and Deep Space Nine.  He excelled at being cantankerous but lovable.  He will be sorely missed, but never forgotten, and the role model he created in the Star Trek Universe will go on forever.

RIP, Rene Auberjonois.  :cry:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,359 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:07 PM

How sad.  I remember him from 'Benson' and he was also a villain in a first season episode of 'Charlie's Angels.'
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:33 AM

This is very sad news. An excellent actor, director, and a lovely human. I had the pleasure of meeting him at DragonCon years ago, and he was just great.

He always made his characters feel alive and real, and Odo was definitely no exception. One of the foundations of why DS9 is my favorite STAR TREK series, Odo was an absolutely joy to watch from start to finish.

Thank you for all your phenomenal work, Rene. If the Great Link is anything like where we end up... the drop has now become a part of the ocean.

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:56 PM

He was always a notable presence whenever he showed up.

RIP, Rene Auberjonois.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:08 PM

Great guy who performed many memorable roles. He will be missed.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,346 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:31 PM

View PostMary Rose, on 09 December 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

How sad.  I remember him from 'Benson' and he was also a villain in a first season episode of 'Charlie's Angels.'  
I don't remember him from Charlie's Angels.  I'll have to dig out my DVDs and find him.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,346 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:35 PM

I didn't dig out my DVDs yet, but I am watching Rene's episode right now on Cozi.

#8 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,359 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:12 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 25 January 2020 - 04:35 PM, said:

I didn't dig out my DVDs yet, but I am watching Rene's episode right now on Cozi.

That'll make finding the episode on the DVD lots easier, knowing the episode title.  Also, nice to see a fellow CA fan here.  Rene made a good villain.  I've heard preformers say it's often more fun to play a villain so I'm sure he had fun in the role.
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Posted Image

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,346 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:24 PM

He sure seemed like it.  He played an evil hypnotist and it looked like he was having a great time.  And I did make note of the episode, which was season one, episode eleven.

#10 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:15 PM

"VORTEX", right?

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,346 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:17 PM

Actually, it was called "The Seance."

#12 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:22 AM

Oh.  I was actually talking about the DS9 episode.  Ironically, you placed it exactly right, if you make the pilot, "EMISSARY", a single episode.  And "VORTEX" was an Odo centered episode.

Side note:  I always wondered what he did with his 'cousin'.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 27 January 2020 - 01:23 AM.

#13 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,346 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:13 PM

Ah, DS9.  I was going to continue the sequence with Benson, but he didn't join until season two.

#14 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,359 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:56 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 27 January 2020 - 07:13 PM, said:

Ah, DS9.  I was going to continue the sequence with Benson, but he didn't join until season two.

He didn't?  I was almost sure he was on there from the very beginning.
Posted Image

#15 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,346 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:01 PM

Me, too. But when I went to Wiki I was reminded of that officious little guy with glasses who was in the first season.

#16 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,359 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:27 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 28 January 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

Me, too. But when I went to Wiki I was reminded of that officious little guy with glasses who was in the first season.

Yeah, I remember him.  Lewis J. Stalden is the actor's name, I believe.  I don't remember his character name or Rene's.  I do know that Benson didn't get along with either of them and for all intents and purposes, Benson was actually the governor, more than the actual governor.    Looking back, I think the show was really progressive, since Benson, the black guy was actually smarter than most of the rest of the all white cast and was the de facto leader.
Posted Image

#17 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,346 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:40 PM

He was also the only sane character on Soap, before the spin off.  :lol:

#18 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,359 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:17 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 29 January 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

He was also the only sane character on Soap, before the spin off.  :lol:

I'd never seen Soap, until recently when my husband, who is a fan and watched it in its original run, watched some episodes that were shown on a channel and I got to see it and I now know why.  I was too young for the show.  Benson was more family friendly, but Soap was all adult.  Funny as hell, like the spin off but definitely a more adult oriented show.
Posted Image

#19 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,346 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, Soap was very "controversial."  People were all in a tizzy.  It was fun.  :lol:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users