Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Stargirl: Has anyone heard anything about this series?

Stargirl DC TV

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,645 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:34 AM

I just stumbled across this trailer today:

Has anyone heard anything about this series?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,950 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:02 AM

It's being made for the DC Universe streaming service (which also carries Titans, Doom Patrol, and the prematurely-axed Swamp Thing), but it's reportedly less dark and weird than those shows and more family-friendly, and apparently it's going to be aired on The CW as well. Indeed, the fact that the very first trailer for it is CW-branded is odd and makes me wonder about the long-term prospects of DC Universe.

Anyway, it's a pet project of Geoff Johns, who created Stargirl/Courtney Whitmore based on his late sister and is executive-producing the show. It's not an Arrowverse show; it features a different version of Stargirl and the Justice Society than we got in Legends of Tomorrow a couple of years ago (or before that in Smallville).
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#3 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:12 PM

Yeah, it's supposed to air on The CW only one day after it "premieres" on DCUniverse... and season 2 of Doom Patrol is going to air on both DC Universe and HBO Max.  Definitely seems like Warner has some restructuring going on.  Should be interesting to see what happens once Harley Quinn gets closer to wrapping up.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#4 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:05 PM

It's not carried by any network in my neck of the woods. Like so many shows.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#5 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:36 PM

View PostChristopher, on 11 December 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

It's not an Arrowverse show; it features a different version of Stargirl and the Justice Society than we got in Legends of Tomorrow a couple of years ago (or before that in Smallville).
OTOH, we are going through a universe-destroying Crisis, so who knows how this Stargirl relates to the version we've seen before.

For comics history: Courtney first appeared (alongside her stepfather, piloting a mech suit) in a 15-issue series that this show looks to be adapting relatively faithfully (STRIPE is visible in the posters, so we know it'll be around). She then immediately joined the JSA (as the token teen on a team of Old Guys), and hasn't really had much of a solo career, aside from a few one-issue cameo appearances to chat with fellow teenage heroes.

(Note that previous versions of Stargirl [in [i]Smallville[/i], the Beeboverse, and even in the animated Justice League Unlimited] introduce her as an established JSA member, and the last time we see her in LoT, she's a post-JSA time traveller. We've never actually seen any version of her origin onscreen, AFAIK.)

Edited by Cybersnark, 14 December 2019 - 01:38 PM.

"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#6 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,950 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:02 PM

View PostCybersnark, on 14 December 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

OTOH, we are going through a universe-destroying Crisis, so who knows how this Stargirl relates to the version we've seen before.

The show has been in development on a separate network for some time, independently of what the Arrowverse producers were doing for Crisis. The pilot was filmed back in March, months before the Crisis scripts were written. So I doubt anything within the show itself has any connection to Crisis.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users