SUPERNATURAL - S15, E8 - "OUR FATHER, WHO AREN'T IN HEAVEN"

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:10 PM

Sam, Dean and Castiel's continued search for a way to defeat Chuck leads them to unexpected places and toward unlikely allies.

#2 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:11 PM

The midseason finale... and Adam Milligan returns!  After 10 years, we finally see him.  I'm not expecting hugs...

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,075 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:35 PM

Great title.  :lol:

And I'm shocked that we're actually going to see Adam again.  I wonder how long it was for him.  For Dean, it was like thirty years, I think.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:02 AM

As Dean said, time works different in hell.  He was there 4 months, our time.  40 years down there, according to him.

That is one thing that puzzled me throughout the series... in season 8, "TAXI DRIVER", Sam goes to hell to save Bobby.  Now, he was there for 1 day our time.  Given how he kept an eye on his watch, it must have been one day in hell, too.  A little discrepency.  Unless...

Time works different in different parts of hell.  Dean and likely John... who was in for 100 years, according to the demon that tortured both of them... was in a greenish dark area with chains.  Maybe those sections of hell, time works REALLY slowly.

Like the TNG episode "Timescape", little pocket areas of time went fast, slow, stopped, etc.

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:16 AM

Wow.  A great midseason finale.

First off, Eileen and Sam... I really hope they get a happy ending together.  They are a good combination.  And she fights pretty damn good.

Second... ROWENA IS QUEEN OF HELL!!!  AWESOME!!  And frankly, only fitting.  I was wondering if this was going to be her fate, and I'm happy I was right.  And I love her 'Auntie Rowena' bit when she was trying to get Dean and Castiel to make up.

Which brings me to three... the tension between them is clearly still there, but I think this trip to Purgatory will be exactly what they need to be on good terms again.  I mean, that HAS to happen.  They've been through too much together.  And there they go into Purgatory again... I sincerely hope we see Benny again.

Chuck... bloody hell, he has just become a full on douche.  Using Donatello as a phone... which, by the way, was great to see him again... and how he basically trapped Sam and Eileen.  I wonder how that's going to go down.

And now the big one... Adam and Michael.

I really like the dynamic of having him and Michael actually talking to each other.  They seem to almost have a symbiotic relationship, which would make sense given what they went through.  I was actually impressed with Adam's attitude about the boys.  He doesn't forgive them, but he understands their reasons.  And Dean's reactions talking to him, both times... he REALLY needed to do that.  That has clearly been eating away at him for a long time, especially since he told Death to get Sam out and leave Adam in the Cage.  He made that choice, and you can see it in his face whenever his name was said... particularly back in season 10's "FAN FICTION", when the stage play had his character there.

And Michael... still a badass with powers.  Quite angelic with how he handled Lilith.  It's been a while since we saw something like that.  And despite being in angel cuffs, he can STILL open a portal to Purgatory.  (And I'm in the minority of actually liking the Leviathans.  Must be because I'm partial to Pac-Man... and could Dick Roman make a return, since we got Lilith back briefly?  Which makes me also wonder... since Leviathans can easily kill angels, could they also be a force to help against Chuck?)  That's damned impressive, and raises a question.

If he still had so much power, why didn't Chuck spring him from the Cage and have him help during the fight with Lucifer, Crowley, Rowena, etc. when Amara was ready to destroy everything?  At that time, he REALLY needed all the power he could get.  It does make me wonder if the Cage also weakens archangels to a point where they have almost no power.

I do have another possible theory, but I have some doubts.  Since Lucifer was Chuck's favorite, being the second creation of archangels, it makes me think Michael was the 'rough draft', for lack of a better term.  And we all know rough drafts are usually called that because we need to make things better, at least while we read them.

Either that, or he just bored with the unwavering adulation and devotion Michael had for him.

In any case, this promises to be a great final half of the season.  I already can't wait for the boys to come back... and to see what song they pick for the last THE ROAD SO FAR, midseason return edition.

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,075 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:40 PM

Well, this was certainly an eventful episode. And I was right about Rowena taking over Hell, which was pretty cool. No Ketch as her consort, unfortunately, although there was nothing to say that he isn't there with her somewhere.

One bit of news is that they confirmed that Chuck can't be killed, otherwise the universe will fall apart (maybe they already confirmed that during the season when Amara was the Big Bad, but I don't remember). So now the plan is to lock him away somewhere, which strikes me as very dicey, especially in the long run. I still think that the best resolution, both in story and dramatic terms, is to nurture Chuck's better nature. There would be some poetry in the notion of Man saving God's soul.

It was nice to finally get some closure for Adam, and he played a good part-- or two good parts, since he is also Michael. And Michael has seen the light, so to speak, and did contribute some assistance before walking. I wonder if we'll see either one of them again. But now they have some hope of overpowering Chuck.

But it seems like they better work fast. Chuck didn't lure Sam and Eileen out to a deserted garage just to say hi-- and, come to think of it, he lured Eileen out there specifically, which is kind of disturbing.

View PostFarscapeOne, on 13 December 2019 - 01:02 AM, said:

Time works different in different parts of hell.  Dean and likely John... who was in for 100 years, according to the demon that tortured both of them... was in a greenish dark area with chains.  Maybe those sections of hell, time works REALLY slowly.  
That's a good thought.  Maybe it's like a Black Hole-- the deeper you go, the slower time flows.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:03 PM

I think  that trapping Eileen WAS the way to get Sam.  I'm thinking the bullet works both ways... Sam can see into Chuck, and maybe the reverse is also true.

Chuck likely knew that if Eileen was going into danger, San would follow.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,075 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:56 PM

Yeah, you're probably right about that.

#9 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,134 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:55 PM

Where do you think Michael went?  Maybe he's going to confront Chuck and somehow during that process save Sam and Eileen?

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,075 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:14 PM

That's what I'm wondering:  Did Michael and Adam walk off into the sunset, or will they play a part in the series finale?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users