Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

The Expanse Season 4

The Expanse

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,316 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:44 AM

SO - it's here!  I had plans for a Sci-Fi Friday... (STILL have plans, come to think of it) but it turns out that Amazon released it early.   Spoilers at the article - so read it later if you want to watch the series before being spoiled:

https://www.theverge...ead-of-schedule

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#2 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,316 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:25 PM

Expanse Season 4:1 - and we're back!

SO - it took me a minute to get re-oriented to the pacing of the show, and I've never been good with Belter patois.  BUT, I do love the show still!  So much good stuff!  SO... about Amos.  Last season he was teaching Avasarala to walk in gravity boots... "Just like walking in pumps."  NOW he's so into what she wears! :)  Any ganders as to why?  MY impression before was his past life as a male prostitute also involved cross-dressing, but Amos's sexuality has been a mystery for some time now.  I'm putting a pin in this and hoping we get more information.

HEY!  GOOD FOR NAOMI!  I don't think it was as well handled as Bobby going to Earth.  In fact, it seems to me that Naomi should have a much harder time of it than Bobbi did.  Does anyone remember if the gravity of Ilus is < 1?

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#3 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,316 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:26 PM

HA!  So now we know Amos likes girls.  Not yet sure if that's a binary choice.  In episode 2, I wasn't sure I was happy knowing that.  It felt a little like fan service and tacky.  BUT today we get a fairly amazing example of Amos being Amos when he seems shocked that his lady friend (what is her name?) scolds him for taking supplies, and asks, "So... does that mean we're not f**king anymore?"  Wes Chatham delivers this line absolutely perfectly.  No sense of profanity.  No sense of guile.  Straight question, openly asked. LOVE Amos.

ALSO, earlier in the epsiode.  "Do you want me to kill Murty?" :batting_eyelashes: :satisfied: :heart:

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#4 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:59 AM

I started watching this morning.  Finished episode 1, now in 2.  I wonder...

The claws, at least what I am calling those protrusions coming up from the ground, are 1.5 billion years old.  Older than anything there.  Could those be pieces of whst actually created the planet, as in this world was artificially created?  There seems to be 11 moons in orbit, pretty large amount for a Earth-like planet.  I wonder if they could be part of the middle piece.

Maybe even that giant center piece was so large that an environmemt and life was generated AROUND it.  Sort of like how in the TNG episode "Masks", that library was encased in a comet, but only because it drifted in space for so long it gained all that material until the Enterprise melted it off.

Not a stretch to think given what we've seen so far.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 18 December 2019 - 12:12 PM.

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:44 PM

By the way... THE EXPANSE looks absolutely gorgeous this season.  Even more so than in previous ones.  Gdtting picked up by Amazon has been the best thing in its life so far.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users