• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 11:57 AM

A group is now claiming that the universe is curved. I'm holding out until I see the evidence.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#2 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:22 PM

https://www.sciencea...<br /> <br /> This doesn't look like good evidence to me. Gravity, and therefore gravitational lensing, is a local phenomenon. Ascribing curvature to the entire universe based on local phenomena is a non sequitur.

Thinking a thing because you can is the worst possible excuse for pursuing a line of research.

#3 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,209 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 10:07 PM

I agree with the thinking up stuff and expecting it to be as your inner voice tells you is questionable, but it certainly is not research.

Tossing a little research onto this subject, the planet earth is oval not round because of gravitational effects on a spinning object and the moon's influence.
The galaxy is spinning so it could be subject to expanding top and bottom as well as outward, gravity or no gravity?
Magnetic fields should fluctuate causing displacement when bodies are in motion and stars die. Who is to say that after 13.5 billion years that this has not come to pass?

I'm sure there are a few inhabitants of the moon who have access to this information, we will just have to wait and see.

Edited by D.Rabbit, 21 December 2019 - 06:10 PM.

7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#4 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:59 AM

Our poor Earth is doomed as it is.

irius is a ticking time-bomb teetering on the edge of kaboomification:

Betelgeuse is in the same state:

https://www.sciencea...<br /> <br /> If the runaway global warming doesn't get us, there are many other things that eventually will.

#5 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,209 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:29 PM

Nothing we can do about his ifs, maybes, and it might etc, may as well party while we can!
:timewarp: :piratebuds: :cantinabandf: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users