• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:28 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

AFTERMATH - While Gotham busies itself reacting to Batwoman's (Ruby Rose) awkward encounter, Alice (Rachel Skarsten) celebrates her ultimate act of vengeance with Mouse (guest star Sam Littlefield). A devastated Mary (Nicole Kang) focuses on Jacob Kane's (Dougray Scott) trial, while Sophie (Meagan Tandy) seeks advice about her love life from someone unexpected. As they tackle the newest threat to Gotham, Luke (Camrus Johnson) prioritizes protecting Batwoman's secret, and Kate must decide what she is willing to do to honor Batwoman's identity...and her own.

Read more: Listings - BATWOMAN on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz6BWQEsT22

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,663 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 09:21 AM

Aaand, the Reboot mind-frellery begins with the appearance of Beth (Kate's twin sister, and almost dead ringer for Alice) who seems to be oblivious to what had occurred during season 1, even while Alice is still very much present.

Seriously.

Admittedly, Kate Kane, like the other paragons, is still not quite upto speed on this Brave New World, but given that Mary was unaware of Beth yet fully aware of Alice and the possibility that Alice might be Beth and that Beth had vanished for 15 years ... this is a REALLY awkward development when one considers the implications.  Basically, it was Beth's disappearance that was the raison d'etre for the whole Kane family drama.

Otherwise, I'm glad that Kate and Mary reconciled, and I actually liked the Hacker girl storyline.  The media focusing on Batwoman's sex life after one of her exploits, not so much, but hey, I can believe it.  And I confess that I liked that Batwoman opted not to play into the public's assumptions ... and the Hacker's response to the revelation.

I'm interested in whether or not the writers will actually bring the Hacker into Team Batwoman ... and hopefully they'll do the same with Mary, just because she deserves to know.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:33 PM

My impression is that this must be Beth from a different earth, one where she was never kidnapped, and she somehow landed on this earth during Crisis.

All the people who were rebooted remember their new history.  But no one seems to know about a Beth that didn't go missing, and Beth seems to have no idea that anyone thinks she did.

There was a dorm room where she expected her apartment to be, etc.  She doesn't know that she is on the wrong earth, and expected her life to be waiting for her.

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,663 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:45 PM

^^^ Yeah.  That speculation seems to fit the evidence ... albeit, this leads to the question of just how many people have found themselves so dislocated while retaining their original memories?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:28 PM

^ Did you watch the current Supergirl?  Because based on that, I'm guessing the answer is: More than anyone realizes!  :look:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:21 AM

Amazingly, Slam Bradley is a pre-existing DC character, and not just Luke making an MST3K reference.

"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#7 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,059 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:22 PM

Indeed -- Slam Bradley debuted in the very first issue of Detective Comics (in a story written by Superman's creators), so he's a fitting character to add to a Batman-based series. Though it's a highly revisionist version -- comics Slam was a two-fisted, bar-brawling private eye, not a pretty-boy cop.

Well, so far Batwoman's world is barely changed post-Crisis, aside from that big twist at the end, presumably. The main fallout is personal, with Kate wrestling with what being the Paragon of Courage means when she's hiding herself. Other than that, the only real post-Crisis touch was seeing that Catco exists in Kate's world now. It's a nice touch that Kate went to Kara Danvers for the interview where Batwoman outed herself. It shows their friendship is ongoing. (The magazine cover also mentioned Lena Luthor and STAR Labs. STAR Labs was on Batwoman's Earth before, but this is the first time the show has really acknowledged the larger Arrowverse.)
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Batwoman, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users