DC's Legends of Tomorrow 5-1, pic - 10 - 1500 px.jpg

DC's Legends of Tomorrow 5-1, pic - 12 - 1500 px.jpg

DC's Legends of Tomorrow 5-1, pic - 13 - 1500 px.jpg

DC's Legends of Tomorrow 5-1, pic - 14 - 1500 px.jpg

DC's Legends of Tomorrow 5-1, pic - 15 - 1500 px.jpg

TUESDAY, JANUARY 21
SEASON PREMIERE

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
"Meet the Legends" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION - Sara (Caity Lotz), Ray (Brandon Routh) and Mick (Dominic Purcell) are shocked to discover that the Legends have become famous. It seems that everyone except Sara is loving the spotlight, so much so that they invite a documentary crew on board the Waverider to film them as they investigate a strange new blip in the Timeline. The Legends discover that their new problem is none other than Rasputin, who happens to be straight out of hell, and it might be tougher than they thought. Meanwhile, Constantine (Matt Ryan) thinks he knows the reason behind these new blips and informs the team that it won't be easy to defeat.

Nick Zano, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan and Olivia Swann also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & James Eagan (#501). Original airdate 1/21/2020.

Read more: Listings - DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz6BhzKr2qM

They're back!!!!  :woohoo2: :timewarp:  

SFG

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,330 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

Sweet!  It's been a long time.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:15 AM

I didn't watch this right away, because I decided to re-watch all of season 4 first! :lol:

So anyway, some changes this season, the most dramatic being Zari / Behrad.  At the end of last season, when they defeated fear at Heyworld, they changed our future / Zari's past.  No more dystopian future, no more laws against meta humans or religion, no more evil ARGUS.  Zari's brother Behrad was never killed, and he was originally the totem bearer.  So 2 years ago, when the legends needed totems, he joined the crew instead of Zari!

So everyone's memory was altered, but Zari left behind a message to come find her.  Unfortunately, Nate has no idea who he's looking for, not even a name!  (She could have put that in her message?)  Too bad Behrad didn't stay in the room a minute longer, he would have said "Hey, that's my sister!" :lol:  (Guess that would have been too easy.)

Other changes: the Time Bureau has been dismantled, and Ava is fully part of the Waverider crew now.  And I'm not sure if Mona is leaving the show, or just the ship.

The new problems this year, are baddies coming back to life throughout history, nicknamed "encores".  For those who don't remember, when they went to hell last year, they met Astra, a girl who had been sent to hell when Constantine failed to save her.  Now she is all grown up, with ambitious plans of her own.  While she was helping to save Ray, she managed to pocket a handful of soul coins from a vault, that control some of the worst humans throughout history.  Now she is making her move, and waking them up on earth.

So Constantine has gone to hell, to try to fix things from there.  Will we see Constantine's adventures?  Probably.  Will his efforts to fix this depend on the Legends collecting the Encores, or are they just doing damage control until Constantine does his thing?

Just before he poofed to hell, he said "I will return when the sigil is complete."  Any guesses what that means?  Will the circle of fire he made show his progress?  Or do they have to fill it up as they capture Encores?  He didn't exactly leave instructions!

Also, Nora is still a fairy godmother, though having been released by Gary, she is now at the mercy of children worldwide.  She only made a brief appearance this episode, as did Charlie who disappeared somewhere to have fun.  I'm guessing Charlie will be back next episode, and Nora too before long.

Besides all that, we have Sara dealing with the aftermath of the crossover, and the crew not knowing how to help her when they don't understand what she is dealing with.  Only Behrad got it right the first try.  (And OMG that drawing was adorable! :love: )

And the documentary added another layer of high jinks.  Probably good that they debunked it though, a bit of fame was fun, but ultimately is more trouble than it's worth.  

Rasputin was a hoot, as were the various failed methods to deal with him!  And OMG the jars!!!!  Why did they put the jars in the kitchen?!?!?!?  With food labels still on them!!!!  :freakoutnonny: :freakoutnonny: :freakoutnonny:

Also ROTFL at Sara and Ava's reactions when Constantine ... did that ... spell ... :freakoutnonny: :howling:

There were so many little funny things in the episode as well!  Who noticed this:

"Ryan Reynolds to star in Detective Beebo live action film" :lol: :howling:

image.jpg

Also, they stayed friends with Obama after saving him from Grodd! :D

image.jpg

Ack, Ava's card!  "Dear Sara, I'm sorry the vigilante you slept with when he was already dating your sister died."  :laughtears:

"It appears my Jonah Hex has beebo lala loves you!"

Didn't take long to realize that all of Gideon's glitches were Zari references: Wixtable, captain cat, Bollywood, etc.

And the tiny jokes, like that poor bird flying into the cloaked ship! *ouch*

Also, when the ship took off, someone was shouting "guys, I'm still outside!"  I never figured out who that was?

Lol @ Constantine:
"Do people really wear matching pajama sets?"
"Yes."
:lol:

Oh, and what will Gary do now with Constantine away?  Water his plants again?

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 04 February 2020 - 07:15 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,063 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:21 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 04 February 2020 - 07:15 AM, said:

"It appears my Jonah Hex has beebo lala loves you!"

Didn't take long to realize that all of Gideon's glitches were Zari references: Wixtable, captain cat, Bollywood, etc.

I'm embarrassed to admit I totally missed that.

Also, when the ship took off, someone was shouting "guys, I'm still outside!"  I never figured out who that was?

It was the cameraman shooting the scene we were watching. After all, the entire episode up to the end was supposed to be documentary footage, so the only way there could be an exterior shot of the ship taking off and flying away was if a camera operator was still outside.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:35 AM

^ Ah, that makes sense! :lol:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:05 AM

I was getting a major "What We Do in the Shadows" vibe from Rasputin. He reminded me of Nandor.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,330 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:19 PM

Oops. I did watch this, but I forgot to post. And now it's not fresh in my mind anymore, but I did enjoy it-- except for the implication that Mona has left. And I got a kick out of Rasputin, who is always entertaining.

Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,330 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:46 PM

Gotta love Rasputin.  :lol:  And he took so well to the glamour of moviemaking. The guy was born a hundred years too soon. But since he's immortal, and (most of) his pieces are are preserved in jars like preserves, I have no doubt that he'll be making a reappearance in the present day before the season is over.  Hopefully he'll have his evil laugh perfected by then.

The side plot about Sara going back to the Big Bang and recreating the universe reminded me that I only got about halfway through the Supergirl episode of Crisis. Damn. Well, I'm sure the me of Earth-F got to see the whole thing.

The documentary was an interesting gimmick and a cool parody of found-footage movies.  In particular, accidentally leaving the director-- I mean auteur-- back in Czarist Russia. That particular genre never really stands up to scrutiny. And being put in front of a camera nicely emphasized the particular quirks of all these characters.

But after all the fun shenanigans of attempted assassinations and hypnosis and acrobatic fight scenes (minus the movie-card sound effects) and Ray popping Rasputin like a zit came the ruination of the whole episode-- Mona is leaving?!  But she's my favorite character. I loved the actress on Z Nation and I love her more here. I hope this is just a temporary departure.  And, interestingly, Mick seemed as disappointed as I was.

#9 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:47 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 26 February 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

the ruination of the whole episode-- Mona is leaving?!  But she's my favorite character. I loved the actress on Z Nation and I love her more here. I hope this is just a temporary departure.  And, interestingly, Mick seemed as disappointed as I was.

I wasn't sure, so I asked a friend on twitter who knows these things, and she says that Mona will be back!  :D  I don't know when exactly, but it's something to look forward to!  :cool:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 27 February 2020 - 02:48 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,330 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:38 PM

Cool. Thanks for checking.  That cheers me up.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S5

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users