DC's Legends of Tomorrow 5-2, pic - 9 - 1500 px.jpg

DC's Legends of Tomorrow 5-2, pic - 10 - 1500 px.jpg

DC's Legends of Tomorrow 5-2, pic - 11 - 1500 px.jpg

DC's Legends of Tomorrow 5-2, pic - 12 - 1500 px.jpg

DC's Legends of Tomorrow 5-2, pic - 14 - 1500 px.jpg

DC's Legends of Tomorrow 5-2, pic - 15 - 1500 px.jpg

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 4

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
"Miss Me, Kiss Me, Love Me" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

CANOODLING WITH THE ENEMY - When a new blip lands the Legends in 1947 Los Angeles, it puts them on the trail of Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel (guest star Jonathan Sadowski) who seems to take pleasure in fraternizing with Hollywood Elite. Sara (Caity Lotz), Ray (Brandon Routh) and Constantine (Matt Ryan) devise a plan to capture him while Ava (Jes Macallen) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) sit on the sidelines for the time being. They soon realize that they need to worry less about Bugsy and more about his girlfriend. Ava is struggling with being on the sidelines with Rory. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) accompanies Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian) to his dad's birthday, where Nate meets Behrad's sister, Zari (Tala Ashe), who seems familiar to him.

Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Olivia Swann also star. David Geddes directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt (#502). Original airdate 2/4/2020.

Read more: Listings - DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz6D1ybCHNb

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 05 February 2020 - 02:27 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,661 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:24 PM

Ooh, Bugsy Siegel, the mobster who built Las Vegas.  This oughtta be good.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 02:31 AM

Pictures posted.  :cool:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:41 PM

So Zari 2.0 is really something, huh?!?  This is going to take some getting used to. :hehe:

They found her pretty quickly ... and then they kidnapped her! :o  Oopsie! :look: :laughtears:

LOL at Ava letting loose and having some fun! :lol:  :clap:  And Sara was so happy for her!  :D "She's not humiliating herself, she's enjoying herself!"  You tell 'em Sara!  :cool: :thumbs_up:

So Constantine's trip to hell was a brief one, and the sigil worked a little like setting an automatic return trip using an egg timer (but with fire).

And Constantine is going to try to redeem Astra instead of defeating her.  Yep, he's a legend! :cool: :nod:

They really are making a running joke of Constantine tasting/eating gross things, aren't they?  :howling:

They are still keeping the Rasputin jars in the pantry!!! ??? !!! ???

So Charlie was away again for this episode, as were Gary, Nora, and Mona.  I still haven't figured out if Mona has left the show, or just the ship.  But I am guessing we will see the other three as soon as the plot gets around to them

Kind of feels like the cast has gotten so big, they can't fit them all in one episode! They have to take turns!  :lol:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,146 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:18 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 10 February 2020 - 09:41 PM, said:

And Constantine is going to try to redeem Astra instead of defeating her.  Yep, he's a legend! :cool: :nod:

I think it's in character for him even besides that. Getting Astra damned to Hell was his biggest, most defining mistake, and his guilt about it has driven him ever since -- more, he's damned to Hell himself because of it, and saving her could be the only way he can save his own soul when the time comes.

Kind of feels like the cast has gotten so big, they can't fit them all in one episode! They have to take turns!  :lol:

Probably a budget-saving measure. It wouldn't be the first Arrowverse show to do that.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,661 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 06:54 PM

Ah, I loved the 1940s sequences. Bugsy Siegel and Constantine's gumshoe voice.  Legends Noir!  :lol:

Drunken Ava was absolutely hilarious. It was just perfect how her performance was straight out of a movie musical in her own mind as people literally fled from the night club.  "It's horrible-- and I saw the Hindenburg go down!"  :laughtears:

I was less invested in the future sequences.  I don't really like this alternate timeline Zari. And it doesn't seem like they can fix things without killing her brother.  And that look on her face made me think that she's got something more devious going on than just an airheaded social media brand-- but now that she's on the Waverider, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

We got a brief glimpse under Constantine's veneer in that moment of naked panic when he realized that the woman was about to die.  And he certainly got his revenge on Bugsy.  And he is hell bent, so to speak, on redeeming Astra-- even though the thought of Constantine redeeming someone is quite funny.  I have to wonder about his appearance, though. His shirt is always undone and his tie is always loose and crooked.  When he gets up in the morning and gets ready to go to work in the field of magical adventuring, does he get all cleaned up and then quickly become disheveled?  Or does he go straight to disheveled because it's a good look for him?  Or has he just not cleaned up in five years?

Shame about that green gun, though.  That would have come in handy.

I also wonder about Hell. It basically looks like a burning human city.  Was it built that way?  Transported or copied from Earth?  Or is Hell a dark echo of the human world, like the Down Below in Stranger Things?  Or that shadowy world they went to that time in Once Upon A Time?  Or that Infocom game that I can't remember the name of?

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 10 February 2020 - 09:41 PM, said:

They are still keeping the Rasputin jars in the pantry!!! ??? !!! ???  
I hope nobody gets up in the middle of the night, half asleep, for some toast and jelly.   :egads:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,146 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 07:13 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 01 March 2020 - 06:54 PM, said:

And it doesn't seem like they can fix things without killing her brother.

Just keep watching... and remember that Legends isn't in the habit of "fixing" things so that they go back to the same old status quo.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Facebook Author Page

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 12:21 PM

I was less invested in the future sequences.  I don't really like this alternate timeline Zari. And it doesn't seem like they can fix things without killing her brother.  And that look on her face made me think that she's got something more devious going on than just an airheaded social media brand-- but now that she's on the Waverider, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

How would killing her brother "fix" anything?!?  (Besides, Behrad is sweet!)

And she's definitely not an airhead.  That is the image that her position expects, but she built a multimillion dollar company herself.  She is smart.

Also, she is still the same human that she was before, only her experiences changed starting when she was 9.  And OG Zari was a genius hacker.  

And yeah, there is a lot going on with her, beneath the surface that we initially see.  She's got hidden depths, but that does not have to mean anything sinister.  

OG Zari came from trauma.  But hate and anger did not make her evil.  Remember in Legends of
To-Meow-Meow, when she turned into a cat?  And there were a bunch of different versions of the legends crew from different timelines?  Zari is the only one who didn't turn into a murderer.  She is innately good, and I don't think some fame is going to change that.

I do have the benefit of a few more episodes than you, and I know that her first impression was a bit ... extreme. :freakoutnonny: :lol:   But like Christopher said, wait to see a little bit more of her before you judge. :)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:35 PM

View PostChristopher, on 01 March 2020 - 07:13 PM, said:

And it doesn't seem like they can fix things without killing her brother.

Just keep watching... and remember that Legends isn't in the habit of "fixing" things so that they go back to the same old status quo.

So much this.

RJ, you only started watching last season, so you haven't experienced just how much this show is built on change. Every season, the team dynamics change, some characters leave, and new ones join.  New friendships, new pairings, new character growth.  The show is always innovating, always fresh, always discovering something new about the characters.

But as the show goes on, and they find cast members who have great chemistry with each other, that change has become about reinventing new characters for the same actors to play.  We get new takes on familiar faces, and the actors get new acting challenges and a chance to show their range.

Last season, you saw them introduce Charlie.  But for two seasons before that, Maisie Richardson-Sellers played a completely different character, Amaya.  That character's storyline required her to leave, so rather than lose the actress, they wrote her a new character, to keep her on the show.  

That worked so well, that they are doing it again!  Now we get to see more than one version of Zari, and each one gets a different journey to become her best possible self. :cool:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 03 March 2020 - 05:36 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,661 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:06 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 03 March 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

How would killing her brother "fix" anything?!?  (Besides, Behrad is sweet!)  
Wasn't he dead in the other timeline?

And she's definitely not an airhead.  That is the image that her position expects, but she built a multimillion dollar company herself.  She is smart.  
That's what I said-- she's got something more devious going on than her airheaded branding.

I do have the benefit of a few more episodes than you, and I know that her first impression was a bit ... extreme. :freakoutnonny: :lol:
Ah, so they tricked me.  'nuff said.  :lol:

#11 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,146 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:22 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 03 March 2020 - 07:06 PM, said:

Yes, as a result of that timeline being a dystopian future where both metahumans and religion were outlawed. Behrad's alive now because the Legends' actions prevented that dark future from coming to pass. Not the sort of thing you want to restore.

Facebook Author Page

#12 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 08:20 AM

View PostChristopher, on 03 March 2020 - 07:22 PM, said:

Yes, as a result of that timeline being a dystopian future where both metahumans and religion were outlawed. Behrad's alive now because the Legends' actions prevented that dark future from coming to pass. Not the sort of thing you want to restore.

Exactly. What Zari has wanted ever since she joined the legends was to fix the dark timeline she grew up in, and save her brother.  For two years, she searched for some way to do that without breaking the timeline and causing something worse.

She finally did that, and this is it, this is the fixed timeline!  So it has a few side effects. They're minor.

But this is definitely not the type of show where the 'original timeline' (whatever that is) is the only 'correct' one.  They just try to keep it as healthy as possible.  This timeline is way less miserable for so many people, and the only downside is that Zari is famous?  Sounds like a win to me!

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 03 March 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

That's what I said-- she's got something more devious going on than her airheaded branding.

I guess I'm objecting to the 'devious' part.  But maybe you don't mean it in a sinister way?

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#13 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 08:27 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 04 March 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

and the only downside is that Zari is famous?  

I'm gonna tweak this and say Zari is fine as who she is now.  The only 'downside' is that she and Nate don't remember each other.  But that is easy, they can just get to know each other again! :)

There's the "fix"! :cool:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 04 March 2020 - 08:27 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#14 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 08:28 AM

I have to wonder about his appearance, though. His shirt is always undone and his tie is always loose and crooked.  When he gets up in the morning and gets ready to go to work in the field of magical adventuring, does he get all cleaned up and then quickly become disheveled?  Or does he go straight to disheveled because it's a good look for him?  Or has he just not cleaned up in five years?

:lol:  

Remember last season when they captured a truth bug, that ate lies and made everyone tell the truth?  It got loose and was jumping from person to person, and it was drawn to whoever had just told a lie.  Someone made a crack about Constantine's "loosened tie" look:

Constantine quipped "Well, it's not like I loosen it myself!"
*Truth bug dives at Constantine*

:howling:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 04 March 2020 - 08:31 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#15 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,661 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 07:41 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 04 March 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

She finally did that, and this is it, this is the fixed timeline!  So it has a few side effects. They're minor.  
But a major plot point.

I guess I'm objecting to the 'devious' part.  But maybe you don't mean it in a sinister way?  
After she was messing with Nate, she had a look that seemed pretty devious, like it was foreshadowing something. Maybe she was just remembering the picture.

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 04 March 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

I'm gonna tweak this and say Zari is fine as who she is now.  
I don't know about that.  She seemed pretty obnoxious to me.  :D

The only 'downside' is that she and Nate don't remember each other.  But that is easy, they can just get to know each other again! :)  
That may not be so easy.  They're both different people to some degree, since they've had different life experiences, and they also no longer have whatever shared experiences drew them together. They'll be two different people starting from scratch. It won't be a reunion.

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 04 March 2020 - 08:28 AM, said:

Remember last season when they captured a truth bug, that ate lies and made everyone tell the truth?  It got loose and was jumping from person to person, and it was drawn to whoever had just told a lie.  Someone made a crack about Constantine's "loosened tie" look:

Constantine quipped "Well, it's not like I loosen it myself!"
*Truth bug dives at Constantine*
Oh, yeah, forgot about the Truth Bug.  That answers that question.  :lol:

#16 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 07:36 AM

I don't know how to continue this conversation until you have seen a few more episodes.  Right now we disagree, but we have different information.  We can pick this up when you have more info.  :)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#17 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,661 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 07:51 PM

Good idea. I'm starting to feel like I'm insulting your best friend.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S5

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users