Doctor Who

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 06:34 PM

Posted Image

The Doctor answers cries for help from deep space, ancient Syria - and Sheffield.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,515 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:50 PM

Well, that was an odd episode.  It certainly qualifies as a classic hide-behind-the-couch type of episode, but, like the Future Toxic Earth episode, the direction was painfully bad, and the dialogue pretty clunky. Especially the awkward dubs added in post-production.  Are they paying minimum wage this year to save money or something?

But the Immortal Nightmare Gods were quite interesting and visually distinctive, and those supernatural wet willies were really creepy. I suspect they shall return. And this talk of them coming from another dimension seems to further indicate that that is the theme of the season.  That will probably explain the Anomalous Doctor (and the Timeless Child).

But the best part of the episode was Yaz's flashback. Not only was it a great little subplot with a nice, touching resolution, but it's about time they paid a little attention to the character-- I mean without making her do reckless things and look stupid.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Doctor Who

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users