Legends of Tomorrow 5-4, pic - 7 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-4, pic - 10 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-4, pic - 11 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-4, pic - 12 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-4, pic - 17 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-4, pic - 18 - 1500 px.jpg

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
"A Head of Her Time" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

WHEN THE CAPTAIN'S AWAY - When Sara (Caity Lotz) is called away on business, she leaves Ava (Jes Macallan) in charge and Ava tries to impress the team as they try to take on their latest Encore, Marie Antionette. With Zari (Tala Ashe) still on the ship, Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian) convinces the team to bring her along on the mission which they all hope isn't a mistake. Meanwhile, Constantine (Matt Ryan) finally confronts someone from his past with the help of Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers), which leads him on a journey through his past.

Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Courtney Ford and Olivia Swann also star. Avi Youabian directed the episode written by Morgan Faust (#504). Original airdate 2/18/2020.

Read more: Listings - DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz6EXhXw2xk

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 22 February 2020 - 03:06 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:38 AM

FYI, Sara was away because she was busy directing this episode! :cool: :thumbsup:

Zari 2.0 is evolving fast!  

Here she: adapted to the setting of the mission, and problem solved with the team using her unique background.

Then she realized she could use time travel for personal gain (everyone wonders that at some point).  When that inevitably went horribly wrong, the whole team showed up to save her ass, even though they barely know her.  

And after watching the team together, she realized that despite all her fans and followers, she doesn't actually have true friends who care about her the way the team cares about each other.  Or at least she didn't before now.  :happy:

That's a lot of character development for one episode! :cool:

Also she's starting to remember ... Donuts!!! :lol:  (Wait, isn't that one of the first things Nate remembered about her?)  

*checks transcript*  Yes! :howling:  When Rasputin hypnotized Nate:

I see a woman in the shadows.
        Walk to her.
She's beautiful.
Silky raven hair.
Eyes you could just stare into forever.
And she's stuffing her face with donuts.

Transcript: https://www.springfi...&episode=s05e02

:lol:

Then there is Constantine and Charlie.

We learn quite a bit about Constantine's past, the mistakes he has made, and how it all has led to where we are now.  Also he got a helpful reminder that if he is going to save Astra, he should probably do it for the right reasons.  He should do it for Astra, not for his conscience.

Though that is going to be extra difficult now that Astra has sped up her plan ... :o

So ... Charlie didn't just ditch the Waverider to have some fun.  She sensed that her past was catching up to her, and she ran away to hide.  Though it seems that Astra's mother actually lured her to this place, hoping that Charlie could help.  Not the best hiding place after all.

Seems Charlie is very old indeed (immortal), and has some connection to "The Loom of Fate", a mythological tool belonging to "The Three Fates".  (I wonder if it has any relation to the Book of Destiny?). But some time in the past, she destroyed the Loom, and scattered the pieces across the multiverse.  

Recently she sensed it was back.  She ran away right after Crisis, so I am guessing that the Loom was reassembled when the multiverse got merged back into one earth.

Question is, what was her connection to the loom, and why did she destroy it?

Anyway, now it's time to go find it, because apparently they need it to save Astra!

All this in an episode that is utterly packed with adorable and fun moments!  You have Ava getting the hang of leading the crew, and the team coming together to support her.  You have Ray and Nora trading their first "I love you".  Mick is in love, and confused! :lol:

And I laughed out loud at the all zany action scenes!  :lol:  Like, Mick and Ray being chased by a headless body wielding the flame gun! :freakoutnonny: :howling:  And Zari's crowd of fans turned into ... whatever you call that, LOL!  And Nate punching "DJ S'More Money"!  :lol:

A tiny thing I noticed is that cats are a recurring theme with Zari 2.0, even though she doesn't remember being turned into a cat!  So far: 1) She is always using that meowing 'CatChat' app. 2) She mentioned raising awareness for "Feline OCD".

I mean it could just be the future extension of *half the Internet is cat videos*, but then again ... ZariCat! 😺🐾

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 22 February 2020 - 09:39 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:12 AM

Also, the confusion over whether it is called "French toast" or "Austrian toast", was that caused by the timeline disruption in France???

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:53 PM

RJ, you watching?

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:34 PM

Yes, but I fell behind.  :(  I saw the first two, but Iwant to start over so that I can write comments that are fresh.  Hopefully that will happen this week, right after I watch Doctor Who.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:38 AM

^ Yay!  I've been watching each episode twice before reviewing.  This show is just so much fun, and it only gets better on repeated viewings! :D :love:

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 22 February 2020 - 09:38 AM, said:

FYI, Sara was away because she was busy directing this episode! :cool: :thumbsup:

Turns out I was mistaken, that is not this episode, but the next one.  I knew Caity was directing an episode, and that Sara would be "away", so I assumed it was this one.  But she's actually away for two episodes, and directs the second one!  :cool:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#7 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,064 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:39 AM

Apparently a director has to spend a week or so in prep for an episode before directing it, and Lotz didn't want to split her time between acting and prepping for her directorial debut, so she (mostly) skipped both episodes.

https://www.cbr.com/...ectorial-debut/

"Now that I've [directed] once I'm like, 'Oh, okay, I could be in the episode more,' she noted. "…Being in the episode before, the prep episode, would suck. It would just mean everybody else is going to have to do some of the prep work for you. But the being in it… while actually directing I think I could do more of that now.
"[In "Mortal Khanbat," I was in] just one scene, but it is like… you've got so much to think about and so much work. And the idea of then having to do costume fittings and like hair and makeup… that part I think… pure timing-wise would be difficult.

"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#8 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:52 AM

I was vastly amused that they so blatantly had Courtney Ford play Marie Antoinette with no explanation at all.  Is that some in-joke, or just the blatant cost-cutting of saving themselves a guest star when they didn't have anything for Nora to do during the episode?

Also amusing because I was just watching the Stargate SG-1 episode, Holiday, where Michael Shanks played the "guest star", too. :)
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#9 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,064 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:15 PM

View PostNiko, on 26 February 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

I was vastly amused that they so blatantly had Courtney Ford play Marie Antoinette with no explanation at all.  Is that some in-joke, or just the blatant cost-cutting of saving themselves a guest star when they didn't have anything for Nora to do during the episode?

Not just this episode. Given that Marie ends up in custody on the Waverider, I think they went with Ford because it's a recurring role.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Facebook Author Page

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:48 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 26 February 2020 - 08:38 AM, said:

^ Yay!  I've been watching each episode twice before reviewing.  This show is just so much fun, and it only gets better on repeated viewings! :D :love:    
I just posted for episode one. But now I found out that Walking Dead is back, so I probably won't get to episode two until Friday.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#11 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:27 AM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 26 February 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

I just posted for episode one.

:D

But now I found out that Walking Dead is back, so I probably won't get to episode two until Friday.
:(

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#12 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:29 AM

View PostChristopher, on 26 February 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

Apparently a director has to spend a week or so in prep for an episode before directing it, and Lotz didn't want to split her time between acting and prepping for her directorial debut, so she (mostly) skipped both episodes.

Ah, that makes sense! :cool:

https://www.cbr.com/...ectorial-debut/

"Now that I've [directed] once I'm like, 'Oh, okay, I could be in the episode more,' she noted. "…Being in the episode before, the prep episode, would suck. It would just mean everybody else is going to have to do some of the prep work for you. But the being in it… while actually directing I think I could do more of that now.
"[In "Mortal Khanbat," I was in] just one scene, but it is like… you've got so much to think about and so much work. And the idea of then having to do costume fittings and like hair and makeup… that part I think… pure timing-wise would be difficult.

That is really interesting, thanks for posting it! :)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#13 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:36 AM

View PostChristopher, on 26 February 2020 - 01:15 PM, said:

View PostNiko, on 26 February 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

Not just this episode. Given that Marie ends up in custody on the Waverider, I think they went with Ford because it's a recurring role.

Interesting!  That would also be in keeping with their trend of giving the actresses new things to do, by playing a second character very different that their first.  Amaya -> Charlie; Zari -> Zari 2.0; and now Nora -> Marie Antoinette!  (Though these two characters are overlapping, and could even meet!)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#14 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,064 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 11:22 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 27 February 2020 - 07:36 AM, said:

Interesting!  That would also be in keeping with their trend of giving the actresses new things to do, by playing a second character very different that their first.  Amaya -> Charlie; Zari -> Zari 2.0; and now Nora -> Marie Antoinette!  (Though these two characters are overlapping, and could even meet!)

And Ray Palmer -> Superman, briefly. And they did meet.

Facebook Author Page

#15 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:36 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 27 February 2020 - 07:27 AM, said:

But now I found out that Walking Dead is back, so I probably won't get to episode two until Friday.
:(  
And then I remembered Picard.  :mellow:

#16 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:40 PM

Okay, there's not much that's more fun than a disembodied head and a rampaging headless body-- but then they had to go and ruin it with Constantine's lung cancer.  :(  Fun's over.  Looks like time is going to run out for him pretty quickly.  Unless his apprentice has maybe learned some little spell that can stave things off while they look for the Loom of Fate...?  Maybe?

It's interesting that Marie Antoinette looked just like Nora. I wonder if that will turn out to mean something. Perhaps more Encores or historical figures will resemble other Legends.  Or not. We've had two so far that resembled nobody, so....

In any case, I hope the head of Marie Antoinette sticks around.  There's not half enough severed heads on TV shows these days.

And Zari is apparently evolving (and having more sidewaysflashes) under the influence of the Legends. I look forward to her not being annoying anymore.  :lol:

Meanwhile, Astra has exacerbated Constantine's cancer by making a deal with some Evil Lady, who will now expect an unspecified favor in return. That's not going to come back and bite her on the butt at all.

I wonder if Ava will continue to lead the team for a while. I guess we'll find out next episode.  Be there!  Aloha!

#17 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:08 AM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 15 March 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

It's interesting that Marie Antoinette looked just like Nora. I wonder if that will turn out to mean something. Perhaps more Encores or historical figures will resemble other Legends.  Or not. We've had two so far that resembled nobody, so....

I think they just wanted to give the actress more to do.  But I suppose it could mean something.  :shrug:

In any case, I hope the head of Marie Antoinette sticks around.  There's not half enough severed heads on TV shows these days.

LOL, she's lots of fun! :lol:

And Zari is apparently evolving (and having more sidewaysflashes) under the influence of the Legends. I look forward to her not being annoying anymore.  :lol:

I see you have upgraded her from 'obnoxious' to 'annoying'.  Sounds like an improvement! :lol:

Meanwhile, Astra has exacerbated Constantine's cancer by making a deal with some Evil Lady, who will now expect an unspecified favor in return. That's not going to come back and bite her on the butt at all.

No kidding.

I wonder if Ava will continue to lead the team for a while. I guess we'll find out next episode.  Be there!  Aloha!

She's definitely getting the hang of leading the CHAOS that is the legends! :freakoutnonny:  :howling:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 19 March 2020 - 09:12 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#18 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:01 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 19 March 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

I think they just wanted to give the actress more to do.  But I suppose it could mean something.  :shrug:
It's their destiny to become the Legends of Time because they all have evil twins scattered throughout history. Or something.

LOL, she's lots of fun! :lol:  
Or maybe she should just quit while she's... never mind.

I see you have upgraded her from 'obnoxious' to 'annoying'.  Sounds like an improvement! :lol:  
I suppose that is somewhat better.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S5

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users