Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

What Are Your Most/Least Favourite TV Commercials?

television commercials tv commercials commercials advertising television advertising

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:46 PM

After all these years, I'm still liking the Geico Pinocchio commercials. They still get a laugh out of me.

I find the Charmin bear toilet-paper commercials disgusting. And the Senocot "for the #2 in you" offerings.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#2 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:00 AM

I always love the Mayhem commercials - Dean Winters just has a lot of screen appeal for me, so they're always a highlight.  (Moment of silence for Battle Creek... I loved that show.)

Meanwhile, if I could wipe Flo and all the Geico gekko off of my tv screen, I would be much happier.

Edited by Niko, 26 February 2020 - 11:30 AM.

- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#3 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:06 PM

Heh . . . I would like to see a parody of the Geico gekko on another show with Mr Gekko getting stepped on.

A friend and I, many years ago, went into an arcade with a $10 roll of quarters, and blew it playing Frogger. Did we actually try playing the game? Of course not! We just wanted to see the frogs getting run over on the highway. The laughs were worth the $10.

I liked the Claritin commercial featuring the balding guy and the beagle puppy. That puppy was so cute, I could've watched it for hours.

The earnest CHIP "reverse" mortgage commercials featuring people who should know better, like Tom Selleck, make me want to barf. First off, there is no such thing as a reverse mortgage. It's a mortgage. Secondly, it's a scam devised by government and bankers would were talking about running this scam a few years before the CHIP mortgage swindle was introduced. They noticed that many people's money was tied up in things like assets, aka houses, etc. So they launched the CHIP swindle in order to fool people into spending their homes.

It works like this: say your asset is $10. CHIP "frees up" $5 so you can spend it. What do you pay off the balance with? The other $5.

Leaving you with . . . wait for it . . . nothing. Or your kids with nothing, once you kick the spittoon.

#4 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:09 PM

BTW- here's what Consumer Reports has to say on the subject: https://www.consumer...tgage/index.htm

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users