• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 06:26 PM

The Whisperers are coming for Hilltop, after Daryl and Lydia's encounter with Alpha, the communities must decide whether to run or fight; Eugene's communication with Stephanie gets complicated.  

Eugene's Facebook status has been updated!
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:13 PM

Line of the night goes to Eugene:  "Let's get this over with-- I've got a date!"  :lol:

Other than that, the episode was infused with a feeling of growing, ominous dread that paid off in a surprisingly brutal, creative, and successful attack on Hilltop.  The blocked roads, fleeing rats, and approaching dust cloud across the countryside provided effective harbingers of doom, as did the various gloomy encounters between characters who were sensing death in the air.  I'm really tired of these apocalypse-within-an-apocalypse showdowns, but they do get points for innovation this time (both the Whisperers and the showrunners).

It was at the beginning of this season (I think) that we first saw them practicing their Roman phalanx battle strategy, and here it was finally put to good use. But it almost immediately became obsolete in the attack of the Mapletov cocktails. If it wasn't for that, they probably would have done well.  Zombies aren't good at climbing things, so cutting down the first half dozen rows of the horde or so should have effectively stopped or diverted them.  They should have also dug trenches and done something to draw off the horde.  Some Hilltoppers on horseback with bugles probably would have engaged the horde's attention more than a bunch of people whispering.

But now our people are trapped between a wall of burning Zombies and a wall of burning walls.  And it's not even the season cliffhanger.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,155 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:04 PM

I couldn't believe he passed up the opportunity to kiss that girl (sorry, I forget her name).  I was tickled by Eugene's line as well. :lol:

I was also happy to see Carol & the King get together and have some fun.

Most of all, I was happy that Daryl told Carol he could never hate her.

Do you think Negan is playing with Alpha, or do you think he has gone all psycho again.  I ask because he seemed to have left the Hilltop people a clue that he was with Alpha.  He's not usually the sloppy type.  He always covered his butt in the past.

Judith seems genuinely hurt/disappointed in Negan.  Negan has a real soft spot for Judith.  Makes me wonder if Negan would willingly let Alpha turn Judith into one of her horde.

He might end up being the hero this round.  What do you think?

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 06:03 PM

View PostM.E., on 10 March 2020 - 09:04 PM, said:

I couldn't believe he passed up the opportunity to kiss that girl (sorry, I forget her name).  
Rosita.  Yeah, I would have gone for that.  :lol:

Most of all, I was happy that Daryl told Carol he could never hate her.
He did walk away, though. I don't think he's over it yet.  Probably won't be until his girlfriend is found alive.

Do you think Negan is playing with Alpha, or do you think he has gone all psycho again.  I ask because he seemed to have left the Hilltop people a clue that he was with Alpha.  He's not usually the sloppy type.  He always covered his butt in the past.  
I think he was actually trying to help them by stopping Alpha's attack. Maybe he knows that his day is over.  Or may be has Stockholm Syndrome from being in that cell for ten years.

Judith seems genuinely hurt/disappointed in Negan.  Negan has a real soft spot for Judith.  Makes me wonder if Negan would willingly let Alpha turn Judith into one of her horde.  
Negan had a thing for Carl and that has carried over to Judith.  I don't think that he would allow the Whisperers to hurt Judith.

He might end up being the hero this round.  What do you think?  
You think he might be their savior?  :lol:

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 04:14 AM

Negan was never about hurting children.  When he had the Saviors, he only had the adults killed when a problem happened.  Plus, he was bonding with that kid when he escaped Alexandria... before that kid was killed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users