Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

So... This Happened... (The Expanse)

The Expanse Cas Anvar OMG

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 06:51 AM

Hello Dear Ex Islers!

I've been waiting for a free moment to share this with you all, because... OMG! :-)  SO - my day job has me regularly in contact with folks who work in satellite communications, and consequently, I travelled, as I do every year, to the Satellite show in Washington, DC last week.    Coronavirus and all.  (Yes, the event was severely impacted. YES, lots of people I know are going to be either mildly or severely impacted by the upheaval/social distancing/etc).  While there, a young professionals organization hosted a day-long conference called SGx.  Here's a link: https://spacegeneration.org/sgx2020.  And who was the Emcee for that event? None other than our favorite Martian Pilot, Cas Anvar, aka Alex Kamal!  Wow! :woohoo:

Well, naturally, I stopped in to see that event, and had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Anvar and making a complete idiot of myself.  Yep.  NO intelligent words exited my mouth on the occasion of me meeting him.  I managed somehow to get a sentence out - something along the lines of "Very excited to meet you! Huge fan!"  No clue what else I said, and there wasn't much more time to say it.  Except for one bit - I manage an event during the show, and the SGx organizers had arranged for one Mr. Cas Anvar to also attend that event.  In the course of the negotiation (who am I kidding? I said yes without hesitation) I offered that OF COURSE I would admit Mr. Anvar to the event, provided that he was willing to give me 5 minutes of his time so I could geek out.  UNHELPFULLY, "autocorrect" changed the word "geek" to "feel," making me sound only a little bit creepy... :dizzy: :smirk:  I tried to explain this to Mr. Anvar, but wound up babbling.  Ah well.

My event was the next day.  SO - A WHOLE DAY to get it together, settle my nerves and be prepared to be an EXCELLENT hostess.  The result??  MORE BABBLING!  OMG.  I was completely giddy the whole time, couldn't stop grinning, nor bouncing up and down, and overall being such a fangirl.  I tried!  I really did try to be a professional human being, but, no... I looked like this nearly the whole time:TBW_CA.jpg

Ahem.  Believe it or not, that's a very very mild version of HYPER, GIDDY QT.  There are two other pictures which I'm only not posting because there's one other human being in the picture who may or may not want to be posted in Ex Isle.  (OTOH, you can totally find the rest of the pictures here.)  

I have to say that Mr. Cas Anvar is first of all, a brilliant human being, with a genuine interest in science, hanging out with all the sciency, engineery types and chatting with them about the industry. He is an amazingly gracious person, tolerating my utter ridiculousness (yes, it really was that bad), and yes he's really that handsome. (A colleague said, "Which one is the guy?" And my answer was, "The handsome one, over there."  GAH!  :heart: :love: :inlove: :blush:

Well, there you have it.  It was a genuine honor and privilege to have him as a guest, and to have the pleasure of dragging him all over saying "Have you met Cas? Are you watching The Expanse?  NO?!?  Why the HECK not??? Get thee to a TV pronto!!" Etc.    Just wanted to share that with all my fellow Ex Islers! :D

QT

Edited by QueenTiye, 15 March 2020 - 08:07 AM.

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#2 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 08:08 AM

FYI, what's wrong with the editing that you lose spaces and hard returns???

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:23 PM

I met him at DragonCon a couple years ago.  Very cool guy.  The same with the rest of the cast.  (I've met the whole Roci crew, Bobbie, and Avasaralah.)

#4 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 02:15 PM

Jealous!!

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,642 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:20 PM

Haha, that's nice, and a great picture.  Congratulations.  :thumbs-up:

View PostQueenTiye, on 15 March 2020 - 06:51 AM, said:

I offered that OF COURSE I would admit Mr. Anvar to the event, provided that he was willing to give me 5 minutes of his time so I could geek out.  UNHELPFULLY, "autocorrect" changed the word "geek" to "feel," making me sound only a little bit creepy... :dizzy: :smirk:  I tried to explain this to Mr. Anvar, but wound up babbling.  Ah well.  
This is why I always disable autocorrect.  :laughtears:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:43 PM

LOL!  Yeah.  I've often called it auto"in"correct.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Expanse, Cas Anvar, OMG

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users