Batwoman CW DC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:44 PM

Posted Image

MOMMY DEAREST - More of Alice's (Rachel Skarsten) dark past is uncovered when Cartwright (guest star John Emmet Tracy) shares a twisted story with Kate (Ruby Rose) while Jacob (Dougray Scott) goes searching for his wayward daughter. Mary (Nicole Kang) and Luke (Camrus Johnson) follow a lead on Beth's killer.

Read more: Listings - BATWOMAN on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz6Gof8rwwK

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 01:27 PM

I liked that Mary and Luke teamed up to investigate Beth’s murder.  It was nice to see that it still takes witnesses and leg-work to solve mysteries, rather than simply sitting behind a keyboard.

And it tied into Josh and Kate’s interrogation of Psycho-Dad that Alice oh so helpfully left behind for them as she goes to recover Mouse.  Alas, Psycho-Dad was an associate of Dr. Crane and so Mouse is hooked up to a canister of Fear Toxin – and things do not turn out well when Alice releases him, and we’re then introduced to the Red Queen who was the worst of them all.

Now, Psycho-Dad is playing mind-games with Josh and Kate, intimating that everything is going precisely according to his plan, even as he torments them with the notion of the peril that Beth/Alice finds herself in and supplies the backstory for the experience she must be reliving.

Josh goes rushing off, in search of Alice; Kate strikes a deal with Psycho-Dad – after saving his life – after he tells her where Alice can be found, and then is informed by Luke and Mary that it was Psycho-Dad who killed Beth.

Long and short, it kinda looks as if Alice had some much needed catharsis after being rescued by Josh Kane.  Too bad that Kate killed Psycho-Dad in a fit of rage … now all the Kane sisters have to do is dispose of the body.

Yeah.  Well, one cannot say that they didn’t flesh out Alice’s backstory and motivations. That said, given her catharsis, her apparent rapprochement with Josh, Kate and Mary, and the death of psycho-dad … will she continue committing mayhem in Gotham when she recovers Mouse, or will she turn over a new leaf?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Batwoman, CW, DC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users