• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:07 PM

Michonne takes Virgil back to his mysterious island to reunite with his family; in exchange, Virgil promises weapons that could change the tide of the Whisperer War.  
Ooh, a mysterious island.  :cool:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 06:15 PM

Well, well. This is your Michonne on drugs.  This episode surprised me in a few ways, and it's not the way I expected Michonne to end her time in the ZA.  For a while there I thought that the episode would end with her locked up in the dungeon, fate uncertain. Even after she escaped, there were a couple of times when I thought for sure that Virgil was going to slam another door behind her.  But now she's off on a quest to find Rick, who she now knows is, or could be, alive. Does this mean she will be a part of the Rick Trilogy?  Well, not if it tells the story of those missing six years. But if they catch up with the present at some point....

And they nicely planted some intriguing tidbits as to what happened to Rick after we last saw him. Our last view of him was laying half dead in a black helicopter.  But somehow he ended up on that white boat. Which was later abandoned, apparently, and he had no opportunity to take his boots or his iPhone.  It's sort of the Mary Celeste of the Walking Dead Universe.  Get on the stick with those movies, Walking Dead people!

Michonne's head trip was pretty freaking weird, with her reliving all those pivotal moments in her life, and at times acting as Negan's henchman. It was a bit surprising to see some old familiar faces show up.  I'm guessing that was the magic of digital technology and unused footage.  But it seems that Michonne is carrying some guilt about the incident that set off the Savior War.

And, man, Judith.  How did a little kid get to be such a great actor?

Also, I love it when they mix it up with the set pieces every so often, like they've done recently.  Like the foggy graveyard and the claustrophobic caverns.  And now we have a mysterious island with a crazy guy. Can't go wrong there.  But I wonder exactly what those people were researching on that remote spot, and if it will figure in to Rick's story.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users