Batwoman CW DC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:40 PM

Posted Image

FACING THE PAST - Kate (Ruby Rose) begins to question her instincts and Luke (Camrus Johnson) gets upsetting news. Alice (Rachel Skarsten) seeks her sister's help with a special task.

Read more: Listings - BATWOMAN on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz6HT53Kwwr

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:46 AM

Well … I have mixed feelings about this episode.

While I admit I was getting tired of Alice, that they chose this route to finish out her tale is unsatisfying to me.  OK, it wraps up the Alice program, but it also provides Alice with further cause for grievance against Kate and Joshua Kane.

Kudos to the actress for making Alice sympathetic even in her malevolence.

Could Kate have trusted Alice to keep her word and leave Gotham with Mouse?  Hard to say … I’m thinking it was possible, given that someone was out gunning for her, and she had made her point to her family, that once she recovered Mouse she might well have left Gotham.  However, this would’ve left Alice free to plot a return, and the Kane Family would probably not rest easily knowing that she was at liberty.

Will Kate at least visit and continue her dialog with Alice?  Again, hard to say.  Alice’s penchant for mind games rather argues against visits; however, not to visit would be to abandon her completely fueling her grievance against the Kane.  Betraying a trust is, IMHO, not something worth celebrating, and unfortunately Kate’s actions did play to Alice’s worst fear.  

As for killing of the witnesses to the Lucius Fox killing, when his accused killer was released due to the suspect nature of his case, pretty much announces that the guy did not kill Lucius Fox.  This isn’t clearing up loose ends, it is drawing attention back to the case.  So, just how much are the Crows caught up in this conspiracy?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,063 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:06 AM

View PostG-man, on 23 March 2020 - 07:46 AM, said:

Well … I have mixed feelings about this episode.

While I admit I was getting tired of Alice, that they chose this route to finish out her tale is unsatisfying to me.  OK, it wraps up the Alice program, but it also provides Alice with further cause for grievance against Kate and Joshua Kane.

You really think it's finished just because she's locked up? Of course not. She'll escape soon enough and have one more reason to seek vengeance on Kate and Jacob. (Who the heck is Joshua?)

Plus there's that dangling thread of her old enemy who killed all her goons, the one with the bear traps. They wouldn't have set that up if it weren't going to build to something. Maybe the old enemy will be the one that frees Alice in order to torture/kill her, and that will set the climactic arc in motion.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:25 AM

^^^ Not really, but I can hope that maybe there may be a week or two where Alice isn't a major factor in the plot-du-jour.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:26 AM

I mean, she's in Arkham, which is has less security than a community college dorm.

Edited by Cybersnark, 24 March 2020 - 10:26 AM.

"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Batwoman, CW, DC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users