Legends of Tomorrow 5-7, pic - 12 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-7, pic - 16 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-7, pic - 20 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-7, pic - 21 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-7, pic - 23 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-7, pic - 24 - 1500 px.jpg

TUESDAY, MARCH 17

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
"Romeo V. Juliet: Dawn of Justness" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

SAYING GOODBYE - The Legends continue their hunt for pieces of the Loom of Fate and find themselves face to face with William Shakespeare. Ray (Brandon Routh), Nate (Nick Zano), Rory (Dominic Purcell), Constantine (Matt Ryan), Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian) stay a little longer on the mission making things worse after lying to Sara (Caity Lotz). Meanwhile, Ray and Nora (Courtney Ford) make another big life decision that leaves the team surprised and best buds, Nate and Ray, on the outs.

Jes Macallan, Tala Ashe and Olivia Swann also star. Alexandra LaRoche directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Matthew Maala (#507). Original airdate 3/17/2020.

Read more: Listings - DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz6HTmD4URJ

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,642 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 04:20 PM

Ray and Nora are really gone, it seems.  That was a nice tribute to Ray's voice of optimism, and it makes me wonder why they were asked to leave. Budgetary reasons or behind-the-scenes personality issues?  If it was the budget, why were they deemed most expendable?  Well, at least they weren't killed off, which is the norm these days, and we can know that they are off to have a nice life for themselves.

And Mona was back, so we know she's not permanently among the furloughed.

I got a big kick out of the parallel bachelor/bachelorette parties-- although the girls seem to have gotten the better deal.  Constantine thinks he's making progress finding the Loom of Fruit, but it looks like Astra is going to be taking that quest off his hands.

It was also kind of amusing that the historical crisis in this episode was restoring Shakespeare to the timeline.  Considering the extensive influence of his works on Western literature and the impact of literature on society, the world of Romeo and Juliet: Endgame probably would have been unrecognizable.  :laughtears:

And the head of Marie Antoinette and the assorted pieces of Rasputin appear to have departed.  :(
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,142 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 05:29 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 26 April 2020 - 04:20 PM, said:

Ray and Nora are really gone, it seems.  That was a nice tribute to Ray's voice of optimism, and it makes me wonder why they were asked to leave. Budgetary reasons or behind-the-scenes personality issues?  If it was the budget, why were they deemed most expendable?

I see no reason to doubt the producers' explanation that Ray and Nora's story had simply come to a point where it made sense to let them go. After all, they've been struggling to find uses for Ray for a couple of years now, which is why he spent so much of last season possessed by a demon, and before that had a tendency to fade into the background.

Although budget could be a factor too. Routh was the highest-billed cast member ever since Victor Garber left, and that means he was the highest-paid too. And he's one of the few remaining cast members to have been around since the start, and actors get raises with each successive season, which is why you often see long-running shows phasing out original cast members in favor of replacements (see Sliders, Stargate SG-1, Smallville, and probably even some shows that don't start with S).

Anyway, it means Caity Lotz finally gets the top billing she's deserved for years.

And the head of Marie Antoinette and the assorted pieces of Rasputin appear to have departed.  :(

What a coincidence that Nora lookalike Marie Antoinette was "called back to Hell" right after Nora left... :D
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,071 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:51 PM

Shakespeare writes superheroes!  :shakespeare:

Bachelorette party win! :boogie: :woohoo2:

Bachelor party fail! :drunk:  :lol:

They got Nora her own pony!  :D

So, was the balcony scene meant to have Nate and Constantine kiss??? :oh:  Or did Zari and Constantine just get carried away?  :hehe:

Anyway, Zari made a much better Juliet than Nate did! :cool:

Why is there only one bathroom on the Waverider?!? :crazy:  So funny (and soo Legends) that the morning line for the bathroom is the obvious time for morning announcements!  :howling:

"Bathrooms are also for other things!" :lol:

Mona is back!  Book club bonding!  :D

And the look of horror on Zari's face as she listened to ALL the other ladies tell their traumatic back-stories! :o :unsure:

Astra really should not be trusting the Hell Lady. :no:  She keeps telling Astra not to trust Constantine, but she clearly just wants to keep controlling Astra herself.  And maybe use her to get the loom! :eek:

LOL @ Shakespearean actors saying "Pew, pew, pew!" :lol: :howling:

"You've been replaced by Riverdale."  :lol:

Zari calls Gideon "Gidget". :lol:

Mick reading King Lear! :lol:

"Consent to hug you?"
*grunt*
"I'll take that as a yes.":hugs:

Mick looked glad to hug Mona. He put his chin on her head! :love:

And Mick chose Mona to finally confide in, sharing his fears about fatherhood.  He literally showed her his scars. :heart:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,642 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:57 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 29 April 2020 - 04:51 PM, said:

So, was the balcony scene meant to have Nate and Constantine kiss??? :oh:  Or did Zari and Constantine just get carried away?  :hehe:  
I meant to mention that.  Looked like some chemistry going on there. I wonder if there's going to be a nuZari-centered triangle.

Anyway, Zari made a much better Juliet than Nate did! :cool:  
Can't argue with that.

Why is there only one bathroom on the Waverider?!? :crazy:  
And why do people who live in a time machine have to wait for anything?

Astra really should not be trusting the Hell Lady. :no:
I would have trust issues with anybody from Hell.

Mick looked glad to hug Mona. He put his chin on her head! :love:  
That was sweet.  But... is he the troll she was talking about?  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S5

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users