Batwoman: A Narrow Escape

Batwoman DC CW

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:56 PM

WHO'S A HERO NOW? - Batwoman (Ruby Rose) encounters a new challenge when an old villain resurfaces, testing the heroics of Gotham's most stand-up citizens. Alice's (Rachel Skarsten) limits are tested.

Read more: Listings - BATWOMAN on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz6L2rRZRKJ

I didn't realize that Batwoman and The Flash started up again this week. Sorry.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,695 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:01 AM

Not a problem.

Anyhow, I was glad to see that Mary is now officially on Team Batwoman even though Luke is still processing that development.

Batwoman is still reeling from deliberately killing someone, which inhibits her from putting on the Batsuit.  Others attempt to step up, but it seems even a brief absence of her presence is encouragement enough for the villains to come out of the woodwork.  Albeit, this does suggest the importance of simply being seen on patrol works as a deterrent, even if it may not be particularly effective in catching perpetrators in the act.  However, Luke let drop the revelation that there was a particular reason why the Joker hasn’t been seen in the last five years, strongly suggesting that Batman might have also taken the same extreme measure as Kate did.

Sophie and Julia are becoming a crime-fighting duo as they are being recruited into the Crows to lead up some kind of task force  

The villain du jour (Detonator) was … well, OK.  He was tied into the “Who killed Lucius Fox?” mystery, followed up on the jealousy/antagonism between childhood chums Bruce and Tommy Elliot, and provided some kind of catharsis for Kate as she talks Luke down from committing murder.  While I liked the idea of the Detonator, the way they handled seemed a might convenient for the through-stories, as well as resolving Kate’s issues.

Oh, and Mouse and Alice are re-establishing their Kingdom of Crime within Arkham Asylum, wherein are a number of Batwoman’s previous foes (Magpie, Tommy Elliot,etc.).

/s/

Gloriosus
The G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Batwoman, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users