Batwoman: A Secret Kept From All the Rest

Batwoman CW DC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 12:17 PM

CRACKING THE CODE - When members of Gotham's intelligentsia begin disappearing, Commander Kane (Dougray Scott), Sophie (Meagan Tandy) and the Crows go searching for the newest homicidal threat to the city. In the meantime, Kate (Ruby Rose) is consumed with someone's betrayal and starts questioning the loyalty of everyone around her just when she needs them most. So when Luke (Camrus Johnson) and Julia (guest star Christina Wolfe) go missing, Batwoman must rely on Mary (Nicole Kang) and a former foe to deploy her rescue mission. Meanwhile, Alice (Rachel Skarsten) enlists Tommy Elliot (guest star Gabriel Mann) to help acquire an elusive item that her sister also seeks.

Read more: Listings - BATWOMAN on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz6M9efrQh2

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,695 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:45 PM

It was nice to see Batwoman reunite with Parker Torres, the teen/student that she had talked down from a very scary place, and Mary’s reaction when Batwoman ushers Parker into the Batcave.

Yeah, when you alienate your support staff in the midst of a crisis, some compromises must be made.  Then, Parker’s and Mary’s reaction at the whole Sophie-Julia-Kate situation:  very much like fans watching a soap opera.

Then there’s Alice and Mouse … fractures are forming in their relationship as Alice’s continued fixation on Batwoman’s betrayal threatens to lose them the comfortable Wonderland that Mouse has set up within Arkham.

Finally, I really have to wonder at Julia – her decision making leaves much to be desired, and frequently demands explanations that she’d rather not give.  That said, apparently there is some other force in Gotham that wishes “the Bat” dead, as much if not more so than Alice.

Well, the episode kept the narrative flowing, but it felt like it was setting up the finale as opposed to being a self-contained tale.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Batwoman, CW, DC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users