Legends of Tomorrow 5-11, pic - 10 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-11, pic - 11 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-11, pic - 14 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-11, pic - 17 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-11, pic - 21 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 5-11, pic - 22 - 1500 px.jpg

TUESDAY, MAY 12

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
"Freaks and Greeks" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

SISTERHOOD - The Legends find themselves going back to college and form a sorority in order to try to retrieve an ancient artifact called the Chalice of Dionyus that will help Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) operate the Loom of Fate. Proud to be back at his college, Nate (Nick Zano) falls under Dion's spell, letting him know of Sara (Caity Lotz), Astra (Olivia Swann), Ava (Jes Macallan) and Charlie's plan to get the cup. Meanwhile, on a father-daughter weekend, Rory (Dominic Purcell) takes Lita (guest star Mina Sundwall) on a college tour, but Rory bails on Lita for an unexpected reason.

Tala Ashe and Matt Ryan also star. Nico Sachse directed the episode written by Matthew Maala & Ubah Mohamed (#512). Original airdate 5/12/2020.

Read more: Listings - DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz6MMLIkSxS

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,732 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 05:50 PM

^^  The copy editor misspelled Dionysus.  He must have been drunk.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,764 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:03 AM

Is Beer Pong a thing?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,157 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:18 AM

View PostG-man, on 15 May 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

Is Beer Pong a thing?

I've heard of it before, though I never knew the rules until now. The whole thing seems quite unsanitary, drinking out of cups containing a ping-pong ball that's been bouncing off of numerous surfaces, probably including the floor. I mean, the alcohol content of beer isn't really that high, and apparently one is supposed to drink from the cup immediately, so I'm not sure how effectively it would sterilize the ball.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#5 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 11:48 PM

View PostG-man, on 15 May 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

Is Beer Pong a thing?

This is the first time I've ever seen it done like an actual Ping Pong game... it's usually just cups set up on either side of a table and players toss or bounce the ball (with their hands) to get it into the cups.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#6 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:34 AM

To be fair, most beer pong players are neither gods nor trained by the League of Assassins. They had to up the difficulty level.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,732 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:12 PM

Beer Pong of the Gods!

Well, frat party stories don't really interest me-- although I did see Animal House back in the day and I remember that the TV spin off was called Delta House. Coincidence?  Nevertheless, some good stuff was intermingled in with the annoyances.

The best part, of course, was the developing relationship between Rory and his kid. I loved his big frowny face telling her that he'd make sure she could go to the school she wanted, and then walked off during the tour, assuming that she was ashamed of him.  But the best part was the offhand way that he just changed the name of the school for her with a retroactive donation.  Felicity Huffman is pissed off, but there's no law against it!  Yet.

And then we have the concurrent rehabilitation of both Zari and Astra.  "She's exhausting," says Zari.  :lol:

And Dionysus turned out to be a pretty good sport, especially after the way they misspelled his name.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,157 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:44 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 17 May 2020 - 05:12 PM, said:

Well, frat party stories don't really interest me-- although I did see Animal House back in the day and I remember that the TV spin off was called Delta House. Coincidence?

Probably not, because the spinoff was named after the frat house from the movie.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#9 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 08:27 AM

"That thing's as real as Santa Clause."
"Shh, Gary's in the room!"

:hehe:

A few weeks ago, I saw a quote from an interview with the cast and crew.  (Sorry, I don't remember where I saw it.)

They were talking about what it would be like for Astra to join the Waverider, and said something like this:

"We get to see Astra outside of her comfort zone, which is interesting because her comfort zone is actual Hell.   So, what is her own personal hell?"

Obviously, Astra's biggest fear is loss of control, which at the moment means having to depend on other people for results.   

She understandably has trust issues.  She only ever trusted one person, and then learned that that person was just using her.  So right now she doesn't want to trust anyone, ever.  

She also never learned that working together towards a common goal is even something that works.  But she certainly has the right teachers for that!  :cool:  When she got frustrated with the Legends, she asked for two very simple things: to not have to change who she is, and for her ideas and contributions taken seriously.  And as soon as she pointed that out ... Done!  :happy:

I mean, I'm already a blind, time-traveling paragon who can see the future, so might as well just add wannabe god to the list.

:lol:

(Quote from transcript: https://tvshowtransc...p?f=557&t=37909 )

And OMG, Zari putting the fork down her shirt to hide it!  :spew:

View PostRJDiogenes, on 17 May 2020 - 05:12 PM, said:

The best part, of course, was the developing relationship between Rory and his kid. I loved his big frowny face telling her that he'd make sure she could go to the school she wanted, and then walked off during the tour, assuming that she was ashamed of him.  

He even told the tour that Nate was Lita's dad. :(  

I loved the scene where the two of them realized that each one is proud of the other, while each thinking themselves not good enough:

Mick: "You're twice the person they'll ever be."
Lita: "Yeah, but so are you."

The look on Mick's face when she said that, he practically melted.  :love:  That is the kind of thing he has rarely been told in his life, much less coming from someone who's opinion matters to him! :love:

And, so awesome that they created a sorority to pass along their approach as Legends!  A society of misfits, working together, celebrating what makes them each different!  :thumbs-up:

And the beer pong!  Isn't that the most Legends thing ever? :lol:   How do we save the world? By defeating a god!   At beer pong!!!   :howling:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S5

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users