• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 01:01 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

SEASON FINALE - When one of Gotham's former heroes returns to his old stomping grounds to settle a score, both Batwoman (Ruby Rose) and Commander Kane (Dougray Scott) find themselves on the defensive. Meanwhile, Alice (Rachel Skarsten) has uncovered what could finally take down Batwoman, but she is losing hold on her henchman Mouse (guest star Sam Littlefield) and Hush (guest star Gabriel Mann), sending her spiraling into her most wicked self. Luke (Camrus Johnson) immediately focuses on finding a way to protect Batwoman from Alice, and Mary (Nicole Kang) has a chance to be the sister Kate has needed all along. New information surfaces, forcing Julia (guest star Christina Wolfe) to warn Sophie (Meagan Tandy) about the person pulling the strings. And in a final standoff, when Commander Kane refuses to retreat from his war on Batwoman, Kate may find herself more than heartbroken by her father's choices.

Read more: Listings - BATWOMAN on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz6Miul6dIB

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,757 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 02:18 PM

I kinda figured that once Mouse started to press Alice about his own desires and agenda, he wasn’t long for this world.

Whereas Kate’s continuing to hold out hope, after continued disappointments viz Alice/Beth and her father, really calls into question her decision making.  I mean, Mary understood just what Joshua would do if given the opportunity, just based off of his reaction to Kate’s youthful transgressions.  Now he’s gunning for Batwoman, and seeking a weapon that can kill her – altogether coming across as a military man, instead of a good man.

Finally, my concern about Kate just assuming control of the Wayne Fortune and Tower is going to come into play, as “Bruce Wayne” returns to Gotham next season.  I really have to wonder how that is going to play out.  Did anyone have Bruce declared dead before they took over his building, or did they claim to be acting as caretakers of his concerns until he returned?

So, now that the season’s over I can honestly say I have no desire to watch it again.

Ruby Rose is an engaging lead, and I like Luke Fox and Mary Hamilton, however, Sophie and Julia kind of annoy me.  I do not like Papa Kane, the guy is just too unbending and the Crows too compromised for me to consider them a force for good.  Then there was Alice, who I felt they dwelt far too long on, just wore out her welcome for me.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Batwoman, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users