• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:23 PM

https://www.cbr.com/...er-cut-hbo-max/

#releasethesnydercut, you can rest now.

During his Man of Steel watch party with Henry Cavill, Justice League director Zack Snyder confirmed that his long-rumored cut of the film will be available to stream on HBO Max.

The project will arrive in 2021. There are still ongoing discussion taking place on whether it will be a four-hour director's cut or a six-part TV series. Snyder and his wife and producing partner Deborah Snyder are currently assembling the original postproduction crew to cut the project and finish visual effects. There is also a possibility that some of the original cast members will record new dialogue. The entire process is expected to cost $20-$30 million.

This has me excited. I've been hoping that the Snyder Cut would see the light of day eventually. I didn't realize it would be four hours long, however. Still, I will sign up for HBO Max the moment this becomes available so I can watch it.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:15 PM

I don't know what all the negative fuss was about with tThe movie, Justice League.  I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

I am excited to see the Snyder cut and if it's 4 hours long, all  the better.   I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks, Virgil Vox. :D

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:23 PM

I don't know what all the negative fuss was about with tThe movie, Justice League.  I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

I am excited to see the Snyder cut and if it's 4 hours long, all  the better.   I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks, Virgil Vox.

I like the movie a lot as well. It's not perfect and wasn't as good as the original Avengers but it is a fun superhero movie and I loved seeing all the League characters together.

I'm looking forward to it as well, especially with all the things Snyder has teased that would have been in the film if he had been able to finish it, like Darkseid and the Martian Manhunter. It will also be nice to see The Flash and Cyborg get fleshed out more.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 07:41 PM

A trailer has been released.

There's really nothing new here aside from a look at Darkseid and Steppenwolf's original design. It is mainly clips that were in the original movie or scenes that were shown in the early trailers. Still, this has me even more excited.

I love that it is Darkseid that originally led the invasion of Earth.

Steppenwolf's design is great. I liked the design he had in JL but this design looks more intimidating.

I have no opinion on black suit Superman. I know a lot of fans are thrilled it is included but I've never bought into the hype. It was a suit he wore for a limited time after his resurrection and then immediately went back to wearing his original costume.

The Snyder Cut will be released as four hour long installments and later released as one whole movie, though it didn't say if the movie would be four hours long or of they would edit it down.

I'm also hoping it will be released on Blu-Ray eventually so I can place it next to my other DC movies.

What's nice is that DC has announced that their plan moving forward is to embrace the multiverse concept instead of doing a shared universe like Marvel. This will allow them to make the movies they want without worrying about contradicting other movies but doesn't preclude the heroes joining forces. This also means that the original JL can sit comfortably next to the Snyder Cut and both can be "canon."

Edited by Virgil Vox, 30 August 2020 - 07:41 PM.

--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#5 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:21 PM

Why did I have it in my head that it was supposed to be released on the 20th?

I also had it in my head  that it was going to be a movie release.  He's really going to milk this isn't he? :lol:

#6 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 08:17 PM

View PostM.E., on 30 August 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

Why did I have it in my head that it was supposed to be released on the 20th?

I also had it in my head  that it was going to be a movie release.  He's really going to milk this isn't he? :lol:

I wished it was released on the 20th.

I can't say I blame him. He had a whole five movie arc planned out only to see that dashed. Then his version of Justice League is mangled. He can finally show his version (kind of; I doubt DC would have let him release a 4 hour cut of the movie in theaters) and go out with a bang.

Mind you, I'm not sure I would have liked his five movie arc since Superman was going to turn evil after Lois gets killed and there was going to be time travel and a universe reboot but it was certainly an ambitious plan.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#7 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:28 PM

https://www.superman...justice-league/

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Henry Cavill is expected to film new scenes as Superman for Zack Snyder’s version of “Justice League”.

Scheduled to take place in October, the week-long shoot will also include Ben Affleck (Batman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) and Ray Fisher (Cyborg).

They really are going all out with this, aren't thing? Not that I'm complaining. I do wonder what the new scenes will entail.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Justice League, Zack Snyder

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users