Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,728 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 06:56 AM

Coulson and the agents are thrust back in time and stranded in 1931 New York City. The team must find out what happened.

And the sneak peek:

Finally, True Believers, Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD has come back to ABC!!!  Albeit, on Wednesdays at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central :eek: (what’s up with that?!?).

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,627 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 05:44 PM

At last!  :timewarp:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,728 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 01:34 PM

Well … it was certainly a joy to rejoin our gang after such a long hiatus.

Coulson’s reaction to being resurrected was certainly understandable, but that said, he seemed to be really enjoying the experience that he was having with Daisy and the others.  Certainly, he seemed happy at the occasion of shaking hands with FDR.

Zack’s “time is a river” analogy actually works better for me, than the whole “butterfly effect” that seems to inhabit much of SF.

Good to see the return of Koenig, and that Enoch is now a member of our gang.

Meanwhile the Chronocons seek to find that thread to pull that would unravel the future – although their ends remain obscure.  I liked how the episode handled this, with the agents scrambling to uncover the Chronocons and their plot, with relatively little to go on.  While the teaser kind of spoiled the revelation, I appreciated that the actual thread was this relative “nobody” on the outs of an organization that might well have been on its last legs.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,627 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:00 PM

ABC streaming is telling me that ABC is not part of my channel lineup.  Sigh.  BBC America told me that a couple of times, but it got better, so hopefully I'll be able to watch tomorrow.  If not, it's only a couple of bucks on Amazon.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,728 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:51 PM

:blink: :blink:

What the [censored]?

Mind you, I only do minimal streaming (YouTube, Amazon Prime), but how could ABC not be part of your channel lineup?  I would think that being one of the major networks it would have been automatically included.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,627 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:03 PM

Oh, it's definitely part of my lineup, but it's just not reading it for some reason. BBC America is okay now, though it used to give me the same problem, and the CW is fine.  But ABC and Sciffy are currently giving me trouble.

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,627 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 05:27 PM

They won me over right away with the logo.  :lol:  Not that I needed to be won over....

This was a great start to the season.  I like that Enoch seems to be a permanent member of the team now, but it's not so great that Fitz is lost in time and space again.  It's cool that YoYo got brand-new arms, but I'm going to kind of miss her cyborg look.  And what's up with May?  Has she gone feral or what?  And then there's our newest team member-- The CoulsonBot.  It's interesting that in between last season and this season we got PicardBot, so there's a bit of a parallel there, except in this case they're definitely playing it as an android copy with no continuity of consciousness.

That made the profound meeting between Coulson and FDR kind of bittersweet-- it's too bad it couldn't be the real guy.

And the twist in the plot is that in order to save SHIELD, they must first save HYDRA-- I wonder if they'll make it even twistier and ponder the possibility that the Kodachromes revisionist history might be an improvement.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users