Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Andromeda and Earth: Final Conflict on Pluto TV

pluto tv earth final conflict streaming andromeda kevin sorbo sci-fi on demand ad supported

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ultraviolet

ultraviolet

photographer, aspiring sci-fi writer, photoshop artist

• Islander
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 05:00 AM

I finally decided to use the Roku functions with my Roku TV last week and I have been exploring and watching some of the free ad supported streaming services and channels like FilmRise, Tubi, Comet TV, Crackle, and the Roku Channel

I have noticed that Pluto has a 24 hour channel showing just Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda (and all episodes also available via On Demand via Pluto and other ad supported streaming services).  Also Pluto Sci-Fi channel shows Earth: Final Conflict (which all episodes are available on demand via Pluto and some other free streaming services). Both shows have recently been added to Pluto TV

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,004 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:58 PM

That's cool.  I'd love to see the first couple of seasons of Andromeda again.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,095 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:52 PM

It looks like they are airing them in order.

#4 ultraviolet

ultraviolet

• Islander
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:31 AM

You can also watch them in any order via On Demand which is nice and you can even pick up from the last episode you missed if you missed some episodes during the regular airings.

What I have noticed about season 4 and 5 is that they wrote the characters well (with the exception of Rev Bem), but I noticed what plot lines still really sucked
(
Spoiler
)

#5 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,333 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:57 PM

Da'an!!!

Pardon me.  May have to go find E:FC - I haven't seen that show since it went off the air...

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#6 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,036 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:49 PM

I bought the first season of E:FC on DVD.  As far as I'm concerned, the show ended there.  It's up there with Sarah Connor Chronicles for a show that I really, really want to know how it would have gone.

#7 ultraviolet

ultraviolet

• Islander
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:13 AM

and just like that, both shows are no longer on Pluto TV's On Demand section and the Andromeda channel is no more.   :dizzy: :grr:   I guess Pluto just wants to focus on that other more popular Gene Roddenberry property known as Star Trek (which got it's own channel last month).  I guess it is time to complain on Pluto TV's twitter.

However, you can still find both shows on the Roku Channel.  I guess it is time for me to finish collecting both shows on DVD (I have the first season of Andromeda on DVD and season 1 and 5 of Earth: final Conflict)

#8 ultraviolet

ultraviolet

• Islander
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:18 AM

View PostOmega, on 03 August 2020 - 09:49 PM, said:

I bought the first season of E:FC on DVD.  As far as I'm concerned, the show ended there.  It's up there with Sarah Connor Chronicles for a show that I really, really want to know how it would have gone.

My problem with EFC is they kept changing it from season to season.  The final season (season 5) isn't very good except for when they brought Boone back for two episodes and the series finale.   Season 5 would have been better if they had the special guest stars from those three episodes appear more during the final season.

Then it was sad when
Spoiler

Edited by ultraviolet, 10 August 2020 - 04:18 AM.

#9 ultraviolet

ultraviolet

• Islander
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:19 AM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 28 May 2020 - 06:58 PM, said:

That's cool.  I'd love to see the first couple of seasons of Andromeda again.

Now you will have to check Andromeda out on the Roku Channel now since Pluto TV is no longer interested in carrying it

#10 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,537 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 06:53 AM

Kind of a news flash, but not necessarily worth it's own thread.

According to Laura Bertram, Season 5 of Andromeda was really not to be it's last, but rather it was "written as a cliffhanger for a season 6 before it was canceled."

I think the writing was long on the wall that Andromeda was being booted.  The Sci-Fi Channel was doing the same thing to Andromeda (x4) as it did with Sliders.  When the Sci-Fi Channel came into being, it bought/brought Sliders over from Fox and was it's main anchor show at the time.  But after a season or two, it was obvious the channel favored it's new show, Stargate.  It bumped Sliders out of it's time slot.  Sliders I think lasted one more year? and then was done.  Andromeda was rescued from syndication and did okay for ratings.  But by season 4, they were faltering and were bumped from their time slot by a different Stargate show.  And were actually bumped multiple times, ending finally at something like a 4/5pm time slot on a Friday with no re-runs.

Also in news she reported a couple of months ago:
Though there is no definitive project, there is talks of rebooting/resuming/restarting Andromeda at some point.  No further details were given, but apparently several cast members had been contacted for interest.  This was at the beginning of this year, when she also spoke about her other show she is well known for, "Ready Or Not" she did as a teen.  That show is well on it's way in talks and direction of how/where it's rebooting.  So, we shall see.

P.S. I can't really link to her quote because she stated it on her Facebook page.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#11 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,214 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 06:57 AM

I don't buy that there was ever any realistic chance of a sixth season. Tribune did the same with Andromeda that they'd done with Earth: Final Conflict. They wanted to reach the 100-episode "magic number" for profitable rerun syndication, so they financed a bargain-basement fifth season in order to cross the 100-episode line and then cancel the show. Neither series would've gotten a fifth season at all if not for that purely financial calculation.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#12 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 07:25 AM

I like the idea that it would have gotten a sixth season but I'm with Christopher that it doesn't seem realistic. Besides, even though I found things to like in the last few seasons and was a nuDrom supporter, even I knew that the show was nowhere near as good as it used to be. I don't think a sixth season would have done the show any good.

A reboot could work. I don't see that happening either but the premise is sound and if they could get RHW in to develop the show how he wanted I'd be on board. Heck, even if it was a new team behind the scenes I'd probably still check it out.

I never really watched Earth: Final Conflict. By the time I got interested in it I heard it had taken a real downturn and never gave it a chance. Perhaps I should watch the first season, at least.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#13 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,214 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 07:35 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 29 September 2020 - 07:25 AM, said:

I never really watched Earth: Final Conflict. By the time I got interested in it I heard it had taken a real downturn and never gave it a chance. Perhaps I should watch the first season, at least.

The first season is its best by a good margin, but after "Sandoval's Run" (easily its best episode) you can begin to see the signs of its decline. The original showrunner/developer Richard C. Okie was let go after half a season, probably a record for Tribune (RHW made it a season and a half and BeastMaster's Steve Feke made it a whole year), and you can see the results starting to show in the back end of the season. But overall, the season does a good job of being a Roddenberryesque show about exploring the human condition through interaction with an alien perspective. And it does a great job portraying the Taelons as truly alien, not good or evil but different in their values and goals in ways that aren't always beneficial to humans no matter how well-intentioned they are. The show lost that ambiguity in later seasons.

I was never that fond of Kevin Kilner in the lead, though -- the character was well-written, but the actor was too bland and emotionless.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#14 ultraviolet

ultraviolet

• Islander
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 05:31 AM

Getting back to the main topic for this post-
Andromeda and Earth: Final Conflict did show up in the On Demand section of Pluto TV again. And EFC is also airing on the Pluto Sci-Fi channel again

The bad news- the Andromeda streaming channel isn't back on the air

Edited by ultraviolet, 02 October 2020 - 05:32 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pluto tv, earth final conflict, streaming, andromeda, kevin sorbo, sci-fi, on demand, ad supported

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users