Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,728 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:45 PM

A surprise leap forward in time has stranded Enoch in 1931 and landed the team in yet another unfamiliar decade.  Now, in order to stop the chronicoms from launching their newest future-dismantling plan, the agents will have to infiltrate one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most secure bases. They won't be able to succeed without help from a familiar face or two.

All right, a post-Peggy Carter adventure occurring around Area 51, what more can one ask for, True Believers?

Tune in to ABC tonight at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central to see what happens next.

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,627 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:48 PM

I can ask for Peggy Carter.  I can even say please.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,728 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:54 AM

Oh-Kay – this was a fun episode, and even a timely one with its depictions of 1950s racism on display, albeit demonstrating how far we’ve come, even if it isn’t as far as it ought to be.

Poor Sousa, the guy seems to be forever a step behind developments, first with Peggy Carter then with our gang, he just cannot catch a break.  OTOH, it was nice that he was in a position to frustrate our heroes, albeit, Daisy’s end run did throw him for a loop.  Loved the whole “Sorry, I’m a big fan,” “He really is,” bit of LMD Coulson and Simmons.

The Chronicons are proving to be most diabolical, thanks to their face-stealing technology, and our gang are going to be forever hamstrung trying to thwart their various schemes, all while trying not to attract the attention of the locals or affect the time-stream.

That the Kick@ss Femmes of SHIELD are hamstrung, between May’s panic attack and Yoyo’s inability to trigger her ability, is really going to be a problem.

Finally, our gang learned that whenever they time jump, it is best that the Zephyr be in flight, otherwise bad things may happen.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,627 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 06:27 PM

Another cool retro logo-- and Theremin music!  :D

Still no Fitz, though.  How many episodes does that guy actually appear in?

But there was lots to like in this episode, from the cool retro tech-- including the beautiful cars-- to all the nice little character bits.  Deke has changed, Mack didn't feel like explaining, RoboCoulson is a big fan of Sousa, Gemma does a nice Peggy Carter, and May had an attack of claustrophobia or so it seems-- PTSD may be what ails her, after all.   And I loved Deke and Mack faking the alien abduction.  But were people probed in those days?  That seems like a more modern alien abduction trope.

The Cuneiforms plotting their temporal manipulations in their bare room brought to mind that white void from Star Trek: Enterprise.  Although I can't remember the details of what that was about and Google brings up nothing.  Am I imagining that, or did the timeline change?

The parallel battles with the Cuneiforms at the end was nail-biting.  RoboCoulson in Superman mode is like watching a super-powered accountant.  And May and YoYo together couldn't get the better of their opponent, even with YoYo's six-million-dollar hands.  Now Coulson has been felled by the EMP-- is he shorted out completely, or just rebooting?

And at the end of it all we're still in the 1950s-- will the real Peggy Carter be called in to grill her doppelganger?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users