Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,728 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 08:13 AM

It was just another average morning on July 22, 1955, when Agent Phil Coulson realized the importance of that day in the S.H.I.E.L.D. history books. With a chip on his shoulder and a genre-bending glitch in his system, he'd set into motion a chain of events that would hopefully preserve the timeline as we know it and ensure those pesky chronicoms get the ending they deserve.

To save Sousa, or allow him to fall to Hydra – what’s a fanboy to do?!?

Tune in tonight to ABC, True Believers, at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central, to find out!

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,627 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:38 PM

And will we finally see Agent Carter?  Pretty please?  Emphasis on pretty.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,627 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:36 PM

Sigh. Yes, I'm very disappointed that Peggy didn't appear. I should have known.  :(

Nevertheless, I absolutely loved the episode.  I loved the Noir black-and-white cinematography and the gumshoe narration-- and I especially loved that it was not so much an artistic choice as a malfunction in Coulson's LMD brain. And I especially loved that they went ahead and saved Sousa and are bringing him to the 21st century.  Some heroes are destined to die, but not if we can help it.

YoYo and Deke make a good team, as Deke's growing maturity as he travels through history is guided by YoYo's philosophical wisdom.  "Things always change for the better, just never as fast as we want."

And Enoch has to be the greatest straight man in SHIELD history.  All those years preparing and he just gets to be a switchboard operator-- and is left behind again to deal with boorish barflies.  "Alas, my attention is all yours."  :lol:  When this season is all over, I hope that both he and Sousa are part of the SHIELD elite team.

What's happening with May is a puzzlement.  She has no emotions of her own yet has developed the superpower of touch empathy-- only to find that she gets nothing from Coulson.  This is disturbing and I wonder where it will lead.

And now we've bounced again to 1972.  Since they used black-and-white to represent the 50s, I wonder if they will make the colors unnaturally bright to represent the 70s.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,071 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:19 AM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 18 June 2020 - 06:36 PM, said:

What's happening with May is a puzzlement.  She has no emotions of her own yet has developed the superpower of touch empathy-- only to find that she gets nothing from Coulson.  This is disturbing and I wonder where it will lead.

I can guess!  This is exactly what they need!  May is a Chronicom detector!!! :D

No more finding excuses to talk to everybody one at a time, no more time consuming and disruptive empathy tests!

Just have May shake everyone's hand! :D  Or pat them on the shoulder, or bump into them, etc! :clap:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,728 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 10:03 AM

:blink: :blink:

May = Chronicon detector ?!?  That’ll do.  That will do nicely.

Anyhow, I’m really enjoying this run – and it looks as if the cast is having a lot of fun, which is right and proper for what is the ultimate season of this show.

I enjoyed Enoch’s cameo, and especially dealing with the drunk ex-agent, while being obliged to be switchboard operator.

That Malick was Sousa’s boss was a truly frightening development, as we got to see just how deeply embedded in SHIELD Hydra was.  This was a nice follow on to the Peggy Carter adventures, which was showing that the SSR was already being compromised by those it served, or sought the support of, as well as by the less than stellar personnel it was recruiting.

Also, it seems that Deke is finally getting on the same page as the others, even as his old survival skills kick in.  That said, I hope his infatuation with Daisy remains unrequited ….

Finally, I really liked the conclusion where they preserved the record, but saved Sousa (who will now be a man out of time).

Next week:  SHIELD in the 70’s, when things get heavy!!!  Can you dig it? ;)

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,627 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:44 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 19 June 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

I can guess!  This is exactly what they need!  May is a Chronicom detector!!! :D  
That's it. That's exactly it.  You figured it out.  :nod:

View PostG-man, on 19 June 2020 - 10:03 AM, said:

Next week:  SHIELD in the 70’s, when things get heavy!!!  Can you dig it? ;)  
Verily, I can dig it. I was eleven years old.  I'm hoping to have a cameo.  :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users