• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 04:20 PM

So I did watch "Invasion of the Dinosaurs," but it took me a couple of days because it was six episodes.  I loved it, and I loved those funky dinosaurs. It had a timely eco-terrorist plot, and that strange little twist where the Doctor turned out to be immune to time manipulations. The fraudulent space journey and bamboozled space pioneers were kind of pushing it, but it gave a nice excuse for a revolt.  And I can certainly see why Sarah Jane was such a beloved Companion-- she was charming and formidable.

It makes me wish that they would do a modern Doctor story set in some primeval era. Maybe find an unknown Trilobite civilization or something.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#22 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:32 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 26 July 2020 - 04:20 PM, said:

So I did watch "Invasion of the Dinosaurs," but it took me a couple of days because it was six episodes.  I loved it, and I loved those funky dinosaurs. It had a timely eco-terrorist plot, and that strange little twist where the Doctor turned out to be immune to time manipulations. The fraudulent space journey and bamboozled space pioneers were kind of pushing it, but it gave a nice excuse for a revolt.  And I can certainly see why Sarah Jane was such a beloved Companion-- she was charming and formidable.

It makes me wish that they would do a modern Doctor story set in some primeval era. Maybe find an unknown Trilobite civilization or something.

Yeah, watching the six-parters over several days is really the best way to go.

I didn't mind the space travel fake-out simply because it was so crazy and it added a nice wrinkle to the plot and helped to keep the story entertaining.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Doctor Who, 3rd Doctor

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users