Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,728 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 06:54 AM

After a bumpy landing in the disco decade, the team, with Daniel Sousa in tow, reunites with more than one familiar face at the S.H.I.E.L.D. hangout and discovers exactly how to dismantle the Chronicoms' latest plan. But when they get too close for comfort, the Zephyr unexpectedly leaps forward again, this time to a date pivotal to not only the future of S.H.I.E.L.D. but to the future of Director Mack as well.

Time to get hip, True Believers, as our gang are going to have their hands full in the 1970s.  Tune in to ABC, tonight, at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central to check it out!!!

‘Nuff said?

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
The G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 24 June 2020 - 07:42 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,627 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:42 PM

Groovy, man.  :cool:

Keep your eyes peeled for a skinny eleven-year-old kid with glasses and a fro.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,728 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:22 AM

Wow … yeah, with 4 agents captured, Simmons glitching, and the Zephyr exposed, I’d say that the Chronicons won this episode (however, there is always next week ;) )

Anyhow, this was another enjoyable episode.  My only quibble is with Souza uttering “I’ve got your back.” – which, I believe, is a 21st century construct – especially since they were establishing Sousa trying to find phrases that were still current (e.g. “A trout in the milk.”).

I did enjoy Enoch’s entrance … of course he’d be using the more verbose expression to convince our gang to get into the car :laughtears:

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 25 June 2020 - 07:23 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,627 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:01 PM

Make that a twelve year old.  I was off by one year, basing it on the Alice Cooper song.

I loved the Quinn Martin title sequence, although riffing on Mission: Impossible or Man from UNCLE would have been more appropriate. They probably wanted the dramatic voice to sound more 70s.

But all was not fun and games this week, as the mission through time goes increasingly awry.  The Cummerbunds have already wrought some serious changes to the timeline which are bound to affect the world of 2020, which makes me wonder how this is all going to work out.  Will Team SHIELD have to somehow go back in time again to undo the changes made, or will they end the series in a dramatically altered timeline?  And will it be a good timeline or a bad timeline? Maybe the show will give us a really happy ending, with Sousa alive, the real Coulson restored, and maybe even a Ward Bond who was never evil.

Anyway, on the bright side, we've got the return of the long-suffering Enoch as he came to the rescue in his sweet ride (and in classic 70s fashion, he stopped on a dime right in the middle of the rubber marks from his practice runs).  And he and Gemma seem to know something that nobody else does-- I'm beginning to think that she was separated from the others for longer than she let on and that she is now either an LMD like Coulson or else a full-fledged Cummerbund. And, more than that, she's hiding something even more extreme regarding Fitz.

I like Sousa's attitude in dealing with the social and technological changes he has to deal with. Damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead.  Trout, but true.

But the episode did not exactly end in a happy Bicentennial Celebration.  Coulson and May are now in custody-- after decking General Magnum and setting bombs.  And Mack successfully destroyed the rocket, but the bad guys still have his parents in a cell. Something tells me next week's show will not be all about peace, love, and understanding.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,071 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:18 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 25 June 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

Anyway, on the bright side, we've got the return of the long-suffering Enoch as he came to the rescue in his sweet ride (and in classic 70s fashion, he stopped on a dime right in the middle of the rubber marks from his practice runs).  And he and Gemma seem to know something that nobody else does-- I'm beginning to think that she was separated from the others for longer than she let on and that she is now either an LMD like Coulson or else a full-fledged Cummerbund. And, more than that, she's hiding something even more extreme regarding Fitz.

I wondered that briefly, but May can read Gemma's emotion and not Coulson's.  So, it's something else, but I have know idea what! :oh:

I do tend to agree about the longer time apart, Enoch was deliberately cagey about that before.

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,627 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:56 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 27 June 2020 - 02:18 PM, said:

I wondered that briefly, but May can read Gemma's emotion and not Coulson's.  So, it's something else, but I have know idea what! :oh:  
Yeah, that's true.  Of course, Gemma may be a very much more advanced model or a more cybernetic model or something like that. She might be half human and half Chromicom.   :mellow:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users