Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,772 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:04 AM

The team must scramble to rescue Mack's parents, save S.H.I.E.L.D. from a chronicom infestation and fix the ship, all before the next time-jump.  Meanwhile, Daisy and Sousa find themselves at a disadvantage against a power hungry Nathaniel Malick and his goons, and Coulson will have to do the thing he does best in order to save the future.

And the Sneak Peek:

Holy frijoles, True Believers, is this the end of SHIELD?

How will our gang escape their various predicaments?

Can the Chronicoms, and their plans, be stopped?

Tune in to ABC tonight at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central to find out!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 02 July 2020 - 07:53 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,747 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:53 PM

Did he imply that they might be able to upload human brains into Colonoscope bodies?  That could be where Gemma is at.  And maybe Fitz.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,772 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:13 AM

So, Simmons isn’t a LMD or Chronicom, but rather had an implant meant to shield Fitz who is directing them through the time stream.

And Mack … yeah, that sucked.  But trying to “take a minute” when your ride is prone to jumping without warning … one would think he’d’ve learned from Crichton (FARSCAPE) just how bad an idea that was.

It was nice to see May & Coulson; Daisy & Sousa manage to sort things out; and Enoch finally got an apology and some affirmation he so richly deserved.

Next week … we’re in the 80s!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 02 July 2020 - 07:52 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,747 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:21 PM

Hmm. That was an odd title card.  I wonder if it's an homage to something I just don't recognize.

But this week was certainly less of a light-hearted adventure.  Poor Mack. He saved his parents, spent some quality time getting to know them as young people, only to discover that they were Cormorants and he had to destroy them.  That's assuming a fall from an airplane is enough to destroy them. I hope they don't return, like little Terminators.  And now Mack is trapped in the past-- well, not exactly trapped, because it seems to have been a deliberate decision. Is he intending to adopt or otherwise mentor himself and his brother?  How will this change in the timestream affect his memories, though?  And Deke is now his companion in temporal exile. Talk about the Odd Couple.  Sadly, they don't have Enoch's ability to not age as they wait for the Zephyr to reappear.

And Daisy. Ouch. Blood, spinal fluid, and glands?  That was like a little detour into The Night Gallery or something.  But I loved Sousa comforting her and trying to buck her up with his war story.  He's a really great addition to the team and I hope he remains part of the status quo when we reach the end-- maybe he'll even make director, 65 years after he died.  But the whole thing with Daisy and Malich seemed like an odd detour. I wonder if it will somehow figure into the plot down the line.

And speaking of death, Coulson is getting a little cocky.  :lol:  Death is his super power. I loved his coy, almost flirtatious, repartee with Sybil (who I now know was the boss lady from Bones).  But apparently she's no Hari Seldon when it comes to calculating the future.  Coulson was able to deal her a serious setback with his suicide bombing, however I have no doubt that he will return in some fashion-- they'd be silly not to keep a backup, after all.  And this is, ultimately, the Coulson Show and we've just got a few episodes left, so we know he's not going to leave us now.

So Gemma's not an LMD or any kind of android-- she just has a DIY version of Alexa implanted in her head named Diana-- who is apparently adorable, and perhaps we'll get to meet her.  Enoch knows about this and was trying to help her fix a malfunction when Deke walked in, misread the scenario, and easily felled Enoch with a pair of defib paddles.  Deke is very resourceful, but usually manages to do the wrong thing.  I loved Gemma making him apologize to Enoch, like the grandmother she is.

That wasn't the only amusing moment in the episode, either, despite all the death and torture.  General Magnum is always good for some smiles and I got a kick out of him putting the moves on May.  Also, as predicted, May turned out to be a good Cormorant detector and saved the day-- and General Magnum's butt.

But where do we go from here? As the Temporal Cold War gets closer to the present, the decades get more generic and we don't have much left to pay homage to. The team is split up or dead and they've been making more waves than ripples-- will their return to 2020 be accompanied by "A Sound of Thunder?"
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users