Details in this thread

Renewals & Cancellations 2020

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:40 PM

Edit: I'm not sure why just about everything is underlined. I didn't do it and I can't make it not underlined.

https://www.thewrap....enewed-ordered/

I'd thought I would create a post showing all the shows that the major networks have renewed, cancelled, and ordered. As of July 6, anyways.

NBC

Renewed Series: “The Blacklist,” “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” “Chicago Fire,” “Chicago Med,” “Chicago P.D.” (entire “Chicago” franchise renewed for three more seasons each), “Good Girls,” “Law & Order: SVU” (renewed through Season 24), “Manifest,” “New Amsterdam” (renewed for Seasons 3, 4 and 5), “Superstore,” “This Is Us” (renewed for Seasons 5 and 6), “Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist”

Canceled/Ending Series: “Blindspot,” “Bluff City Law,” “Council of Dads,” “The Good Place,” “The InBetween,” “Indebted,” “Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector,” “Perfect Harmony,” “Sunnyside,” “Will & Grace”

Newly Ordered Series: “Connecting,” “Debris,” The Kenan Show,” “Law & Order: Organized Crime,” “Mr. Mayor,” “Young Rock”

Spoiler

ABC

Renewed Series: “A Million Little Things,” “American Housewife,” “black-ish,” “The Conners,” “For Life,” “The Goldbergs,” “The Good Doctor,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” “mixed-ish,” “The Rookie,” “Station 19,” “Stumptown”

Canceled/Ending Series: “The Baker & The Beauty,” “Bless This Mess,” “Emergence,” “Fresh Off the Boat,” “How to Get Away With Murder,” “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Modern Family,” “Reef Break,” “Schooled,” “Single Parents”
Series Awaiting Decisions: N/A

Series That Haven’t Premiered Yet: “United We Fall”

Newly Ordered Series: “Big Sky,” “Call Your Mother”

Spoiler

Fox

Renewed Series: “9-1-1,” “9-1-1: Lone Star,” “Bless the Harts,” “Bob’s Burgers,” “Duncanville,” “Family Guy,” “Last Man Standing,” “Prodigal Son,” “The Resident,” “The Simpsons”

Canceled/Ending Series: “Almost Family,” “BH90210,” “Deputy,” “Empire,” “Outmatched”

Series That Haven’t Premiered Yet: “Filthy Rich,” “Great North,” “neXt”

Newly Ordered Series: “Call Me Kat,” “Housebroken”

Spoiler

CBS

Renewed Series: “All Rise,” “Blood & Treasure,” “Blue Bloods,” “Bob Hearts Abishola,” “Bull,”  “Evil,” “FBI,” “FBI: Most Wanted,” “MacGyver,” “Magnum P.I.,” “Mom,” “NCIS,” “NCIS: Los Angeles,” “NCIS: New Orleans,” “The Neighborhood,” “SEAL Team,” “S.W.A.T.,” “Young Sheldon,” “The Unicorn”

Canceled/Ending Series: “Broke,” “Carol’s Second Act,” “Criminal Minds,” “God Friended Me,” “Hawaii Five-0,” “Madam Secretary,” “Man With a Plan,” “Tommy”

Newly Ordered Series: “B Positive,” “Clarice,” “The Equalizer”

Spoiler

The CW

Renewed Series: “All American,” “Batwoman,” “Black Lightning,” “Burden of Truth,” “Charmed,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “DC’s Stargirl,” “Dynasty,” “The Flash,” “In the Dark” (Season 2 has yet to premiere, renewed through Season 3), “Legacies,” “Nancy Drew,” “The Outpost,” “Pandora,” “Riverdale,” “Roswell, New Mexico” (Season 2 has yet to premiere, renewed through Season 3), “Supergirl”

Canceled/Ending Series: “The 100,” “Arrow,” “Katy Keene,” “Supernatural”

Newly Ordered Series: “Kung Fu,” “Republic of Sarah,” “Superman & Lois,” “Walker”

Spoiler

I am glad to see that NBC renewed Superstore. I love that show and it has gotten really good. Plus it ended on a cliffhanger that I really want to see resolved. I might give Mr. Mayor a try simply because it has Ted Danson in it. None of the other shows interest me.

I'm sad that ABC cancelled Schooled and Bless This Mess. I really liked Schooled and thought it paired really well with The Goldbergs and made for a good hour of comedy.

I was super excited to see that 9-1-1: Lone Star got renewed. It is a great show and has some good LGBT representation. I'll probably give Call me Kat a chance.

I was happy that Mom and Magnum P.I. were renewed.

I am super excited (pun intended) for Superman & Lois on the CW. I'm hoping it will be amazing. I'm also hoping to hear whether or not the CW picks up Green Arrow and the Canaries. I doubt they will since they have waited this long and haven't said anything about it. I hope it does get picked up because I liked the back door pilot episode and it did end with several cliffhangers. Plus I love Ben Lewis as William and I need more of his snarky, gay, tech genius.

Edited by Virgil Vox, 06 July 2020 - 09:41 PM.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:44 AM

I have known SUPERNATURAL was ending this season, but to actually SEE IT listed in the 'ending series' section... it has a certain finality to it.

I'm going to really miss those guys.

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,765 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 12:39 PM

I ... uh ... yeah.

Debris (NBC) actually looks interesting.

As for the rest of the new series … I’m not really feeling them.  I might sample the remake of Walker [Texas Ranger], but how sad is it that it is nigh-20 years since the old TV Show ended, and they’re talking about Walker teaming up with the first female Texas Ranger.

I might sample some of the other series, but I’m thinking for the most part, I’ll probably be giving most of them a pass.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 07 July 2020 - 12:40 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,740 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 05:29 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 06 July 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

Edit: I'm not sure why just about everything is underlined. I didn't do it and I can't make it not underlined.  
It's because the Underline code is outside the Spoiler code.  It has to be like this:
[spoiler ][u ][b ]NEW COMEDIES:[/u ][/b ][/spoiler ]

With SHIELD and Supernatural gone, it looks like I won't be watching anything at all on network TV-- for the first time in almost 59 years, depending on how old I was when I watched my first network show.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:12 PM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 07 July 2020 - 06:44 AM, said:

I have known SUPERNATURAL was ending this season, but to actually SEE IT listed in the 'ending series' section... it has a certain finality to it.

I'm going to really miss those guys.

Yeah, I haven't watched Supernatural since season 11 and seeing it in the ending section made it feel real. I guess the good thing is that the CW will air the final seven episodes sometime in the fall so it will at least feel like one more season.

View PostG-man, on 07 July 2020 - 12:39 PM, said:

I ... uh ... yeah.

Debris (NBC) actually looks interesting.

As for the rest of the new series … I’m not really feeling them.  I might sample the remake of Walker [Texas Ranger], but how sad is it that it is nigh-20 years since the old TV Show ended, and they’re talking about Walker teaming up with the first female Texas Ranger.

I might sample some of the other series, but I’m thinking for the most part, I’ll probably be giving most of them a pass.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

It is possible that once I watch a trailer some of these shows might be more appealing than just a plot summary but nothing really stands out.

Like you, I might give Walker a try. I loved the original as a kid. I was surprised at the whole first female Texas Ranger thing too especially since I remember the original series having at least one or two female Ranger characters. Then again, I haven't seen the show since it went off the air so I could be remembering wrong.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#6 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,162 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:36 PM

Well, it said "one of the first" female Texas Rangers, not the very first. And I don't think it's in continuity with the old show, is it?
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#7 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:42 PM

View PostChristopher, on 07 July 2020 - 08:36 PM, said:

Well, it said "one of the first" female Texas Rangers, not the very first. And I don't think it's in continuity with the old show, is it?

It isn't, as far as I am aware. I just thought it was an odd plot point to focus on considering the original series had female Texas Rangers. I'm not knocking the show for it or anything. It was just something that stood out to me.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#8 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,765 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 02:10 PM

Especially given that this is almost 20 years after the end of the original show.

Now, I will grant that it is likely that reality has not kept up with the original show's portrayal, and the new show is merely reflecting that reality -- but that is what makes it lamentable.  One had hoped that we had progressed much further than we actually had.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 09 July 2020 - 05:06 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#9 1XMCfan

1XMCfan
  • Islander
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:08 PM

I thought Nathan Fillion's "The  Rookie" had already been pulled. Fililon is the only reason I watched some of the show, and even then I gave up as IMO it is filled with unlikable characters (except Fillion).

#10 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:04 AM

View Post1XMCfan, on 08 July 2020 - 03:08 PM, said:

I thought Nathan Fillion's "The  Rookie" had already been pulled. Fililon is the only reason I watched some of the show, and even then I gave up as IMO it is filled with unlikable characters (except Fillion).

Looks like it did get renewed for a third season. Plus I did a search and found a couple of other articles saying it was renewed for a third season and that the show runners would be addressing police brutality.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users