Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,874 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:00 AM

With the Zephyr's time drive malfunctioning, the team is quite literally hurling toward disaster and Yo-Yo may be their only hope. To get her powers back, she'll need to enlist the help of an old adversary and revisit part of her past long hidden away.

Our gang returns to Afterlife seeking Jiaying’s (Skye’s mother) help … one really wonders how they’ll be received.

Remember to tune into ABC tonight, True Believers, at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central, to see what happens next.

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,874 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:35 AM

And here is the sneak peek:

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,004 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:29 PM

I can't wait to see Daisy's mom again.  Of course, this will probably screw up the timeline even more.  By the time they get back to the present, it will be so screwed up that, I don't know, Donald Trump will be president or something.  Well, maybe not that bad, but pretty bad.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,874 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:15 PM

:eek3:  Is this the end of Afterlife?  Will Jiaying;s Inhumans end up serving as fodder to empower Hydra’s super-soldiers, or will they be conditioned to obey?

May as empathic therapist … yeah, that worked out about as well as one might expect.  Certainly, Yiajing’s touchy-feeley techniques were out of synch for a pair such as Yo-yo and May.  Still, that Yo-yo’s problem was psychosomatic despite swallowing the space bird was certainly a surprise.  Glad to see that things [almost] worked out at the end.

Meanwhile, our gang got to experience relativity first-hand (twenty days off the Zephyr; twenty minutes on); that must be something on someone’s list.  Meanwhile, Coulson seems to be resigned to, if not accepting, his existence as LMD.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,004 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 07:12 PM

I figured that must be another retro logo, but I didn't recognize the style being homaged.

It was nice to see Jaiying again, except that once again everyone is running roughshod over the timeline.  2020 is going to be completely unrecognizable when they return (which is probably a good thing, I suppose).  It looks like Afterlife is doomed and, as Mack implied, Daisy will never be born. Sam Beckett is gonna be super freakin' busy after all this.

I got a big kick-- no pun intended-- out of May and Yoyo's meditation technique. But, hey, whatever gets you through the night.  Funny how that whole Yoyo thing was all in her mind from the start.

I'm not sure if I like where they seem to be heading with Coulson, though. Several of his comments, like wondering how many ones and zeros it takes to make him happy, and his wry reaction to recharging being like taking a nap, make me wonder if he will decide to power down for good.  I hope not, because eternal Robo-Coulson appeals to me.  And we're all just programming when you come down to it, whether we're wetware or firmware.  The bit about being thirsty for a year and a half was a nice bit of characterization, though. That is one super-advanced LMD.

Sousa is adjusting very well to being Buck Rogers, and I hope they have something good in mind for the character.  He deserves a prominent position in 21st century SHIELD.  And Daisy is still doing time in the healing tube, but I don't think we know yet if she's lost her powers for good.  And, yeah, is that really Daisy's half sister?  If so, that may affect how the plot resolves when they both find out.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users