Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,765 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 10:48 AM

A time storm ravages the Zephyr, propelling it toward destruction while simultaneously forcing Daisy and Coulson to relive their failed attempts to save the team over and over, until they find a solution or are swallowed by the storm. Making it to their next destination will take trust, courage and sacrifice from everyone on board, but it will all come down to having enough time.

And the sneak peek:

Holy groundhog day, True Believers!  Will our gang manage to escape the time loop before they vanish into nothingness?!?

Tune in tonight to ABC, at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central to find out!!!

P.S.  This episode is the directorial debut of Elizabeth “Simmons” Henstridge.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,740 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 06:00 PM

I know time loops are kind of de rigueur in SF TV shows, but I wonder if this will be the beginning of whatever plot device they use to set right what once went wrong.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,765 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:59 AM

No! No! Not Enoch! :crybaby:

OTOH, the Daisy-Sousa-shippers ought to be happy ;)

Seriously, this actually felt very much like a FARSCAPE episode.  Needless to state, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

That said, we're nine episodes into a shortened season, and there is still no sign of Fitz ... he better get one heck of an entrance to make his absence worthwhile.

/s/

Gloriosus
The G-men Himself

Edited by G-man, 23 July 2020 - 08:17 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,740 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:05 PM

Wow, that was a lot more than I expected from a time loop episode.  I thought it would start them on a path to figuring out how to undo all the time damage done by the Comelyones, but instead it was all about things happening on a personal level.

More and more we're seeing that Coulson, despite his usual air of frivolity, is very unhappy with his current condition, and equally unhappy that he is there because of someone else's decision.  This does not bode well for the future of the character.  As I've said, this has always been the Coulson Show and I think we're facing the prospect of them ending together.

And then we have that Daisy and Sousa bonding thing going on.  I have to say, I did notice some chemistry going on there, but I had it in my head that he was too old for her-- but, thinking it through, that's not really the case.  This is a pretty cool development as far as I'm concerned.

And, almost unnoticed among all the other shenanigans, poor Deke was freaking out watching his grandmother die. Deke has levels.

The interminable circle of time loops ranged from agonizing to inappropriately hilarious.  The sequence where Enoch repeatedly beat the crap out of everyone cracked me up. Over and over. "Is Deke dead?" "Yes." "Should we be sad?" "No."  :lol:

But ultimately it was Enoch who saved them all, by very phlegmatically removing his own vital organ for Gemma to use as a spare part.  As she and Deke worked out the technical solutions off camera, Daisy and Coulson sat with him while he slowly died in one of the most drawn-out and heartbreaking scenes of all time.  He lived an unimaginably long life that was so lonely that he didn't even know he was lonely, but he managed to find friendship before he died-- and his final thoughts were of his best friend Fitz.  So much for my hopes that he would be a permanent part of the elite SHIELD team by the end.  And, of course, one has to wonder, since he's a robot, why they can't just plug his thingamajig back in, but I suppose there will be reasons.

I guess his premonition that the team would soon come to an end was supposed to be ominous, but it struck me as an obvious red herring.  I think things will turn out well for at least most of the crew.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:10 PM

The bit that has me worried is Jemma's reaction to her memories coming back.  Apparently there's more Diana is suppressing than just Fitz's whereabouts (and Jemma's ability to perform maintenance on the very thing that they need to fix the timeline?  Seems like a sort of important bit of info to leave buried.)
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,765 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 05:07 AM

What concerns me is that Enoch referred to Fitz in the past tense:  "Fitz was my best friend."

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,740 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 05:36 PM

Hmm. At the time, I just assumed he was talking about himself in the past tense, but now thinking about Gemma's reaction to her memories coming back, plus Enoch mentioning that he had seen the future, I'm starting to wonder....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users