Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,814 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:03 AM

Sibyl and Nathanial continue their fight to shape a dark new future for S.H.I.E.L.D. with the help of Kora on the inside, managing to stay one step ahead of the agents along the way. If the team is going to turn this one around, they'll have to get creative, and maybe even a little out of this world.

This is it, True Believers, the penultimate episode before the 2-Hour Series Finale.

Tune in tonight to ABC, at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central to see what happens next.

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,814 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 10:58 AM

And the sneak peek:

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 05:53 PM

I hope it doesn't take Amazon five days to let me watch it.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,814 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 07:11 AM

No! No! Not Fitz!?! :crybaby:

Given what we were given, my worries over Enoch referring to Fitz is the past tense seem to be well founded.  I mean, “blood work” … what the heck is going on?  OTOH, his fate is still obscure.

:howling: Mack asking Sousa his intentions towards Daisy.  That was a nice bit of character work.

And Coulson is now a computer genius :blink: :blink: I did not see that coming.

Anyhow, Deke has once again proven faithful, if rather ineffectual.

So the question remains, will the Chronocoms reward Malick for his assistance, or will they conclude that given how Malick had benefitted, no reward is necessary.  Honestly, I do not believe that Malick had fully thought through his deal with the Chronocoms; and I did like his realization that after having gotten his way for so long, he lacks the patience when dealing with setbacks.  Meanwhile, it looks like Kora might be reconsidering her association with Malick.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 06 August 2020 - 04:09 PM.

-- Doc Savage

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,814 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 04:09 PM

Oh yeah, regarding Jaiying's abilities ... apparently there must still be a spark of life left in her for her to recover.  Apparently, if one "kills her dead," she cannot come back (at least not without the healing tube on the Zephyr).

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 06:38 PM

No SHIELD this morning, but an email alert was waiting for me after work, so it's there for me when I have time.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 06:33 PM

It appears the end is nigh-- or rather now, since the Kokomos have blasted all of the SHIELD installations out of existence. With the convenient exception of the Lighthouse, so Coulson and May are still around for the time being. But the end of the series is nigh and it's going to take a lot of work to undo all the damage to the timeline in a two-hour finale.  Maybe they'll just go all the way back to Olduvai and really start from scratch.

Aside from the awful Apocalypse and massive morbidity, this was another fun episode, with lots of great character work and the slow peeling back of mysteries. We finally get a look at Fitz for the first time this season, but it's in a flashback-- in which term "blood work" is used in an ominous fashion, supporting Gemma's theory that he is dead. But that's perhaps a bit too obvious.  It's also possible that Fitz is dead, but his consciousness is hiding in DIANA. But that just raises the question of why he would hide in DIANA rather than get himself a cool LMD body like Coulson did. Of course, the really big question is why Gemma suddenly forgot that he even existed after Nate accessed Diana through the Framework device.

Back at the Lighthouse, both Coulson and May have to deal with the fact that neither is who they used to be.  Coulson's cybernetic nature apparently now allows him some insight into Sibyl's machine mind, while it's now May's unhappy duty to employ her newfound empathy. Neither seems to have done much good in the short term.

Poor Deke. Beat to a pulp again.

I found it interesting that Grant Ward was the first name on Kora's assassination list-- and even more interesting that Coulson defended his potential to be a good person. Perhaps a little foreshadowing for a grand finale that gives us a best-of-all-possible-worlds ending?

But the best scenes in the episode had to be between Mack and Sousa aboard the quinjet. "What are your intentions?"  :lol:  Certainly the perfect question to put to the square agent from the 50s, but it also cements Mack's place as Daisy's father figure-- which is especially poignant when you remember that Mack's own daughter would be dating by now if she had lived. And all the teasing about "Quake" just cracked me up. So to speak.

"YoYo owes me twenty bucks."  :lol:

#8 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,653 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 01:31 AM

Perhaps a little foreshadowing for a grand finale that gives us a best-of-all-possible-worlds ending?

I wonder if, the original timeline being irretrievable, each character lands at a point in the multiverse most conducive to a happy ending for them.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#9 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,814 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 09:07 AM

That would coincide with Enoch's pronouncement that "Your friends will survive, but the team will not."  Thus, giving us a bittersweet ending to the series :(

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 04:25 PM

That's a good thought.  I really like the idea of everyone ending up with a customized happy ending in different tributaries of the timestream.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users