Diana Rigg

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,813 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 02:02 PM

R.I.P. Dame Diana Rigg (born: July 20 1938, died: September 10 2020)

She brought Emma Peel to the Avengers, and was the Queen of Shade in the Game of Thrones.

Here’s her obituary from the Telegraph:
https://news.yahoo.c...-140911413.html

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 11 September 2020 - 02:03 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:23 PM

Ouch. This hurts my heart.  Sometimes when celebrities die, it's like losing a friend because they've been with you almost as far back as you can remember. I started watching The Avengers on Channel 56 way back in the 60s, when I was in 3rd or 4th grade, and I loved it-- the show was so surreal and Mrs Peel and Steed were so cool. Emma Peel was one of the great adventure heroes of my childhood.

RIP, Diana Rigg. You're still needed.  :cry:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:35 PM

I never really got into The Avengers.  I did watch quite a few episodes because my mom really liked it.  I must have watched the entire series of Game of Thrones at least 5 times and she was one of my favorite characters, it never occurred to me that they were the same person. :trout:  Thank you for sharing your gift with the world.

RIP Dame Diana Rigg

#4 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 08:50 AM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 11 September 2020 - 04:23 PM, said:

Ouch. This hurts my heart.  Sometimes when celebrities die, it's like losing a friend because they've been with you almost as far back as you can remember. I started watching The Avengers on Channel 56 way back in the 60s, when I was in 3rd or 4th grade, and I loved it-- the show was so surreal and Mrs Peel and Steed were so cool. Emma Peel was one of the great adventure heroes of my childhood.

RIP, Diana Rigg. You're still needed.  :cry:

I feel the same way.   Loved this show and as you said  "Mrs Peel and Steed were so cool"  

It was a show so different than what was on TV at the time, and I couldn't wait for each ep to appear

I liked even more in reruns years later, as I had to watch the entire series in B/W as we could not afford a color TV back then.
I finally got to see all the eps in color and it was even better.

Diana Rigg was the coolest action star I had ever seen on the small screen  :D

#5 1XMCfan

1XMCfan
  • Islander
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 03:29 PM

Mrs. Peel was awesome (as was Diana Rigg). RIP :down:

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 05:15 PM

View PostM.E., on 11 September 2020 - 10:35 PM, said:

I must have watched the entire series of Game of Thrones at least 5 times and she was one of my favorite characters, it never occurred to me that they were the same person.
Unfortunately, I haven't gotten far enough along in Game of Thrones to have seen her character, I don't think.

View Postzarkon, on 12 September 2020 - 08:50 AM, said:

I liked even more in reruns years later, as I had to watch the entire series in B/W as we could not afford a color TV back then.  
Same here. We didn't get a color TV until I was in junior high school.  But now I have the Emma Peel Megaset on DVD.  :cool:

Posted Image
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users